BOTTLES BOTTLES AND MORE BOTTLES

Pun

Several years ago at an agricultural show in Africa I saw an exhibit on low cost building methods.  One method used bottles and morter - the bottles took the place of the bricks.   The demo wall looked quite good with carefully smoothed cement studded with litre beer bottles, bottoms outermost. It gave something of the impression of one of those glass brick walls.  Another idea I remember vaguely was to build the walls of a kind of  garden cold frame, as described above but leaving the open end of the bottle inside.  You then put some water in each of the bottles and put on the usual cold frame type glass lid.  In hot, dry weather, evaporation creates humidity in the frame, assuming you would want humidity there.  I never tried it, I always imagined it as a wonderful nursery, keeping all those baby mozzies snug and warm.[:-))]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Tresco"]Or the meanest thing Cassis has ever said? I see the winking smiley, but still I'm unsure.[/quote]

Oh, come on Tresco - lighten up!  [:D] [:D] [:D]

Note to self - add more smilies in future. [:D] [:D] [:D]

Not sure I've ever been 'snide' to anyone, unless you count a couple of posts to someone who had sent me a rather strange PM calling me a chicken when I declined to answer a strange and all-encompassing question on the meaning of life, the universe and everything (i.e. they asked for a checklist for everything they needed to do/know in order to move to France).  In return I sent them a PM calling them an Egg.   A bit later they asked on the forum how far it was and how long it took to get from x to y - the sort of daft thing anyone can do for themselves - so I suggested they looked in a road atlas.  They took this as a personal affront and it got a bit silly.  So I try to ignore their posts as far as possible in case I inadvertently upset their sensibilities again. 

You didn't do it?  You was the one who used to arrange nights behind Tesco.  Really Twinkle, you are full of it.  Two flagons between 10 of us then it would turn into a competition of who could act the drunkest.  Cringe.  My memory is sometimes very short.  If I caught my daughter doing this I would be horrified and consider seeking help.  Strange how hypocritical we can get.

I was never that organised to actually buy a bottle of cider until I started mixing it with lager &  black at about 18 years of age. Who remembers snake bites?

You're confusing me with someone else (you should have laid off the LSD girl!). 

I used to poke sticks through the tops of the beer kegs around the back of the Pant social club and put my mouth over the disgusting foam that would explode from it. 

Class[;-)]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]How about sherry sold by the pint from a plastic keg? A sort of en vrac in Sunderland? Or port ditto, or bottles of Perlwein at about half a crown. Or home brew made with extra sugar...

[/quote]

Have you been looking in our cave again, Dick?