BOUNDARY FENCE

jacko19

Hi - we have a simple post and wire fence which we erected purely to denote our boundary. The lovely young couple next door are moving and we realised that if we get a typical French family we may also get the yappy dogs as well! My question is are boundaries identified here as they are in the uk? Sorry but the deeds are in the uk so cannot check there.

This should make it clickable

http://www.connexionfrance.com/avoiding-boundary-disputes-property-france-news-article.html

Funnily enough, or not in our case! We have recently had a geometre visit prompted by our neighbour from hell! He's been our neighbour for about 18 months and he called him in to mark the limit of his property. The geometre found that one of our limits means that a part of a wall, about the last 18", is now on his property. We have the original drawings from the original land purchasers that show that the bourne is about 1.5 metres from where it should be. We have written to the geo about a month back and heard nothing and today I copied the original papers we sent ready to send again. This time to be signed on receipt! It should be in the post in a day or 2 and I will see if I can post the results here.

JJ, they do make a load of mistakes but with the new satellite guided systems they should begin getting it right in the long term. Oh yeah!!!

Actually, had you given him the original drawings he would probably have simply followed those but is now in the situation of having perhaps made an error. He will say that the old plan was wrong an maintain this until hell freezes over. If he changes his mind then your neighbour will raise a stink which may stink more than your stink, so to speak.

Well, I am just distrusting of all these people.

The people we bought the house from still live in the village. They are friends and are a part of our walking group. He is retired now and was one of the directors of a local council housing association and knows his way around. He supplied the original plans for us and said to let him know if we have any further problems.

The neighbours reputation has followed him and he has been incredibly unlucky with his last 5 neighbours. All of then were as awful as us and his other neighbours. I mean? How unlucky can you be [:-))]

We have seen his house advertised in 'leboncoin' twice now. The second was at a lower price than the first, so fingers crossed? [:'(]

If our deeds are typical, we didn't get a ground plan with them. The original owner/builder had them.

Perhaps I should have been clearer in the o.p. There is no problem with the definition of the boundary but I don't know who is responsible for any maintenance of the boundary (In the uk I know which boundary is my responsibility) As we are in a rural area as opposed to a built up area maybe it is not defined?

Sounds similar to England where the deeds show who is responsible for each boundary.

However a word of caution.

Our deeds clearly showed that the non-existent fence between one of our fields  and a neighbouring estate which was woodland was their responsibility. A quick chat with our solicitor made it clear that it was our responsibilty to make sure thet any animals we had in the field could not get out so we had to make sure the field is adequately  fenced so I would check exactly what your situation is