Leaving the French tax system

rico

I was wondering if anyone can help.

We left France in July 2015 and have just completed our tax return for the year 2015. How do we now go about finishing with the french tax system?

Do they automatically not send you any forms next year?

Need to establish this before closing French bank account.

Be grateful for anybody's help or experiences of this.

I'd keep your account open for the time being, making sure that the bank does not charge you for any cards etc or running the account.

We are no  longer in the french system and they were in contact for 2 years and then when I called, got sniffy saying that we were no longer on their records, but in spite of my protestations that we were still receiving emails, they said I couldn't be, and even IF I was, then to ignore them.

Idun, thanks for your reply, we will keep our bank account open certainly until we hear some definitive news that we are out of the system. Did you receive any demand to fill in a tax demand after you returned to the UK or was it just emails?

We had tax returns to fill in for 3 years after we returned to the UK, but our circumstances are different to most peoples. Once we had no further tax responsiblity in France we simply stopped filling them in, returning the forms that came with a note explaining just that.

And the emails still kept on coming, until last year, reminding us about declarations, and even this year they got in touch again informing us of the new rules. I just ignore these.