Where can I get a nipple?

Pierre ZFP

Now that I've got your attention...

I have a hedge trimmer powered by a little 2-stroke engine.  Works fine except the priming nipple (the thing you push to get the fuel flowing around the carb) has split and so just squirts fuel over my hand when I try to use it.  The nipple is clear plastic and held in place with 4 screws so easily replaceable but I can't seem to find one.  It seems to be a 'standard' size or at least the same size as the one on my chain saw and strimmer and I've asked in the usual Brico Sheds and Point Vert but they just look at me blankly.

Any ideas where I can buy a replacement?

You may be able to get one directly from the manufacturer. Depending on who it is, they may have their own customer service number (Googleable) and I've found that with small things like that they will sometimes send them free of charge.  Just a thought!

Yeah you're right about the price of spares.  The trimmer is a no-name brand but is indentical to a McCulloch which in turn is just another brand under the all-powerful MCD company in USA.  I can get them mail order in the UK but they want 7 quid for the little bit of plastic !!

I think I'll have a hunt around some moped shops as advised above - thanks guys

Can you take it out then perhaps cut the end off a finger on a rubber glove and then insert  it in the part making sure you have enough of the glove to make a seal when you sandwich the two together . and put back on ......I think I would give it a go.......... or  perhaps repair the split with a  cycle inner tube patch from a repair kit .?