Top Soil?

Geranium

Our potential potager could do with a good layer of top soil.  Where do I look for this? I'm envisaging a large amount arriving in a lorry, not bags of compost.  Oh, and what is it called and does anyone know what weights it's generally supplied in?

Thanks!

[quote user="Benjamin"]Every commune will have a digger man.
[/quote]

Quite right, and yesterday I saw one being 'done' by the Gendarmerie on a local roundabout.  Looking very sheepish he was too.

Anyway, back to top soil.  I got about 3 m3 for nothing last Summer when someone was having their site dug out for a pool.  They were only 400m away, so they were happy to dump it with me rather than trail off to the Dechetterie.  A bit stoney, but beggars can't be .......

Just ask around - someone will know someone.

The English guy next door to the house I was working at on Thursday had a delivery of soil and when I asked him where it came from, he said he just called the mairie and they dropped it round to him - free of charge.   I cannot imagine ever calling a local council office in the UK with such a request and being successful..........fantastically bizarre.

John