HELP WITH LAWN THAT IS FULL OF DAISYS

magaret

[quote user="Clair"]I don't understand. What is so objectionable about daisies? [8-)]
[/quote]

It's a very english trend that 'one' must have the perfect lawn. It makes the cucumber sandwiches (crusts removed ) taste better when 'one' has finished the croquet.

[Www][:)]

[quote user="Tressy"]

[quote user="magaret"]  croire que   [/quote]

Blimey. It's hard enough when people write incomplete sentences in English.

What are you trying to say to me?

You can say it in English, or French, but incomplete sentiments in Bablefish like English to French translations are a waste of everyones time.

[/quote]

What is the matter with you Mrs T "croire que"  is Vendee slang for "Je ne crois pas que magaret est anglais et qu'elle habite dans le Dordogne pendant de nombreuses années"

[quote user="Clair"]Each to her own... [:)]
I prefer the natural look to a manicured green.
[/quote]

Me too, and that includes, of course, the odd mole-hill or two.................[:)]

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/IMG_0351.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

What is the matter with you Mrs T "croire que"  is Vendee slang for "Je ne crois pas que magaret est anglais et qu'elle habite dans le Dordogne pendant de nombreuses années"

[/quote]

Merriment most welcome[:)] [:D]

Yours is by no means the most outlandish translation/nterpretation (given that it wasn't even a full sentence) of the response to me.

It would be very rude of me to start laughing uncontrollably at your comment, so please forgive me for not using terms such as RAOFPMP.

Thanks for your patience in this matter, Mr A.[:)]

Mags!

Can I call you that love? 

Get all the neighbours kids to come over when it's stops raining, make them a lovely picnic, then sit down on the lawn with them and make daisy chains all day.  It'll cheer you up no end - if not feel free to PM me and I'll give you the website address for something that will (delivered with complete discretion)!

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Mags!

Can I call you that love? 

Get all the neighbours kids to come over when it's stops raining, make them a lovely picnic, then sit down on the lawn with them and make daisy chains all day.  It'll cheer you up no end - if not feel free to PM me and I'll give you the website address for something that will (delivered with complete discretion)!

[/quote]

Thank you for your kind offer,but if it is such a good wedsite  please let all the forum see  it.

Then there will be a happy gang.

[quote user="Bugbear"] 

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/IMG_0351.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Your cat's made an awful mess of your lawn, bugsy.  You'd be better off with the moles.

If all else fails with the daisies, try rolling a cricket ball along

the ground.  NB If you don't follow cricket you may not understand this method.

Talking of nations of shopkeepers, as a lad I had an apprenticeship in a butcher's shop - 'twas ever my dream to open a butcher's shop of my own one day.  But the butcher started eyeing me up in a strange sort of way and once even tried to wrap me in some greaseproof paper and put me in a bag.  I've no idea what he was up to but I wasn't best pleased and I was out of there like a shot.

I've found the answer to your daisy problem................................................

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/IMG_0352.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/IMG_0353.jpg[/IMG]

It's PHOTOSHOP  [:D][:D]

This subject is as daft as a friend who was worried about dadelions and spent time digging them up--my wife said do you realize ypu are surronded by fields full of them which will shortly send their dadelion heads and seeds across your land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

people who cannot accept the land as it is should buy a flat and have a window box!!

That is my !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:P][6]

Yes its very sad what people - townies mostly - do with land.  Taking the land out of the farming community just because they have the wealth to do so, then do nothing with it.  Keeping a pony for the kids !!  At least in France there is SAFER that gives the local farmers the option to buy first, but its - as always - down to money.

You might want to check the hypen in "up-my wife"   !!!!!!!!!!!  Whats daisys doing there ? [:D]