Gardeners world.

Meg

Bob Flowerdew is a regular on Radio 4's Gardener's Question Time and also writes a monthly long piece for Kitchen Gardens mag in the UK.

And don't see the problem with peeing on your compost heap, do it when I'm in the garden - if you want to be posh about it, I remember is being described in a 1980s gardening book as Californian Compost Activator, because a US naval officer back then (Californian of course) had recently written a book on the subject.

I use pee on my compost all the time. Can't  pee into it though, need a po. Mens urine is supposed to be better as it contains more testerone. I am just off to the barn to shred some comphrey. Sorry my spelling is bad today.

GW on tonight. Really really isn't doing much for me, sad.

You know some people, unfortunately, have the kinda face you just want to slap??? New man has one of them.

I managed 2 mins before having to swear at the tellybox and leave the room. He is soooooo patronising. [:@]

For the record, i haven't peed on my compost.

Meg its not your pee its your husbands you need ..... some thing to do with male hormones ...... and if you on the pill your plants wont seed [Www]

Have you ever seen the difference a male and female dog makes on the lawn after a pee ?

[quote user="Pads"]

Have you ever seen the difference a male and female dog makes on the lawn after a pee ?

[/quote]

Oddly enough, no i haven't. Do enlighten me??

I've tried it on copper. Mine and dog varieties. (Male dog). [:D]

A male dogs wee will first of all cause the surrounding area to die,(because its concentrated) but go back a week later and you will see the the area around the dead area has become much greener, taller than the rest and healthier. This does not happen with the females.

So it has to be a males wee or the dogs if you can make him peei n a bucket. added to the compost so its not too concentrated . females is useless   

And wot happened to the copper ??[8-)]

[quote user="Pads"]

A male dogs wee will first of all cause the surrounding area to die,(because its concentrated) but go back a week later and you will see the the area around the dead area has become much greener, taller than the rest and healthier. This does not happen with the females.

So it has to be a males wee or the dogs if you can make him peei n a bucket. added to the compost so its not too concentrated . females is useless   

And wot happened to the copper ??[8-)]

[/quote]

I have notice that now you mention it! Only had male doggies tho.....

Copper........as a patina experiment.........