Pretty shrub with fluffy pink triangular cones on the ends of the stems ?

Manon

Does anyone know what it is - I have almost a hedge of it and the flowers are so pretty but they almost look artificial. My French friend thought it might be called a false butterfly bush but wasn't sure. I'll try and post a photo if no-one has any ideas. Thank you

It's a spiraea...and a total thug if not kept in check.  We inherited some in our garden here in the UK...and it has been relegated to the bonfire!!

Edit: It's a spirea douglassi ('pink beauty of the marsh') to be exact...or beauty of the bonfire in our case...

We had a nice hedge of it growing all over a bank and screening the sitting area of one of the gites from the road - until Mr "Ive got a new hedge trimming device on my tractor and I'm going to use it everywhere" came along and marmolised it.   Why?  It was growing 2 metres above the road, it wasn't blocking any sight lines -  it has been suggested I put a load of big rocks at the bottom of the bank so they can't get close enough to cut it, but that seem draconian, and a bit unfair on those of us who don't like playing chicken with a tractor.

Still, if it is such a complete hooligan, it'll probably recover pdq.[:)]