jeyes fluid

Dave&Olive

I hate Jeyes fluid the smell and touch makes me very ill. I thought it had been banned in its original form in UK.

I did meet the son of the chemist that invented it, he and his sister lived in the amazing house their father had bui,lt it looked a bit like a castle and had an amazing front gate that was cast iron with gardening tools cast into it.

The house was put up for sale about 6 years ago and had never been altered or probablly decorated since it was first built.

hi ok

looks like jeyes fluid  is based on creosote , hence the  " ban "  ... best see if I can get something  " green " for the chicken coop ... all I need now is the chickens ....just a thought  if any one loacal    between  Bressuire / Parthenay    has any    say Cochin. Bramhas  or any other large breed bird....or    birds they are wanting to sell   email me

Dave

Cresyl is the thing to use as JayJay said. Comes in a rectangular tin from Coop Agricoles/Point Vert/hardware stores etc.

'Cresote' was banned but there is a new version (similar name that I forget just now) that is non-carcinogenic (the problem with old-style cresote).  Cresyl is made with with newer safe product and is the thing to use.  I use it - similar smell to Jeyes - strong hospital smell!

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

I always understood that Jeyes fluid (at least in its original form) was extremely poisionous to cats.

Something to do with them absorbing the stuff through their paws.  Don't know if the same applies to dogs.

[/quote]

eeeerrrrrrrr

did say it was for a chicken coop ......chickens with   paws ....when i got home on friday night drunk as ......

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

I always understood that Jeyes fluid (at least in its original form) was extremely poisionous to cats.

Something to do with them absorbing the stuff through their paws.  Don't know if the same applies to dogs.

[/quote]

I think that you are on safe ground there Pierre. I'm pretty certain that cats can't absorbe dogs through their paws?[8-)][:D][8-|]

That's a 'fowl' decision and you could be a sitting 'duck' and get 'goosed' for such a 'chicken' decision, so don't come 'grousing' to me if it goes 'bluetits' up on you! But I suppose that you will 'crow' about it from the highest 'eagkes' erie if it goes well? But if it doesn't work just make sure that you haven't made an 'albatross' for your own neck or you will 'owl' about it for a long time to come![8-|] 

What a 'bustard'!

P.S. Well, you started it Dave!![:P]