'Blind' Corms

Gardian

We always had them in the uk and different types and they always came up fine. The ones we have bought in france out of about 15 we had one flower. Some came up green and then just died didn't even get anywhere near the stage to flower

I guess that we had about a 50% success rate. Bought mail order in the UK, delivered to son there & picked up when we were over in the Autumn. The ones that worked have been brilliant, but just 'going over' now. The bees have liked them though - a nice prelude for them before the lavender, which is a week or two away.

BTW, I'm told by Mrs G that they're Alliums (double l), not as I posted. But then, you all knew that, eh? 

Dear Gardian snap as we also had ours delivered to our son in the UK etc etc. Gardian you say lavender is but a week or two away? It is the favourite shrub/plant of my wife and we always try to plan for a June holiday and just so that she can see the fields and fields of it! Sad really. We are leaving the Vendee on the 8th and spending about two or weeks down in the Bouches de Rhone. Will it be out by then do you think?

rdgs

Dragonrouge .............

A bit touch & go, I'd say.  There are lavender fields all round us and I always think of the end of June as being the time when they're in full flower. They 'crop' when the flowers go over, say middle-end July.

That's the commercial stuff of course - ours are pretty close and one variety (the 'butterfly' one) has been in full flower for a couple of weeks.

Those in 13 may have better info re their area.