tree cutting

kimg

Hi  

Im in Dept 62, living in a small forrest comprising of 15-20 poplar and oak trees.

Unfortunately the nicest tree is a 75 ft oak with adjoins the patio and 30 ft from the house.

Although it breaks my heart the tree has to come down.

I was told there was no tree preservation orders there and indeed looking down the road, the neighbours have removed most of their trees the closer they live to the main road.

I have no problem getting it cut down or keeping the wood, my question is, do i need to run it passed the mairie, or just get on with it?

kim

Don't forget that that kind of tree is extremely valuable, timber merchants will buy, cut, collect and pay you if the trees are suitable, for flooring for example, If you are near the Charente borders try the timber yard at Chalais, or Frank Maze, Bois Sawmill at Place Says Fayard, 24600 Segonzac. 09.65.30.98.79 or 05.53.90.30.84, or your local Sawmill.

[quote user="sweet 17"]When in doubt, why not just have a word at the mairie?  After all, it's not easy to grow another tree if you cut one down that you shouldn't have?[/quote]

I'm afraid I must disagree with you Sweet, it's easy you just bury an acorn in the ground and wait, simple [:D]   Sorry!!!!