Titre de sejour (Yes, again)

CeeJay

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
All done and accepted. Went along with reams of paperwork, copies of five years of everything. They took passport copies, I’d done, carte vitale, avis des impôts, hubby’s p60s for police pension and the attestation from our Maire that we have lived in the village for eleven years. Our fingerprints were taken and we were given a temporary certificate until card comes through. So easy and staff at Arras were lovely.

Suey

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Hello everyone. Firstly, THANK YOU for such an informed and friendly place to ask for and receive advice.

I have carefully read all the posts in this thread. A very eye-opening post mentioned that different Prefectures have slightly different policies which is why I want to ask...

I have collected all the relevant documents for my first-ever carte sejour (self-employed company accounts, letter from accountant attesting to my income as a sole trader etc., proof of address {just purchased a property}, passports etc.) however...

I have just come across another document I have not seen before: "PREFECTURE DU PAS-DE-CALAIS -DEMANDE DE TITRE DE SEJOUR. It is an application form which needs to be filled out. The questions it raises are:

1. Do I send this in advance of my appointment? I cannot see and direction on that.

2. What is the difference between Carte de Séjour / carte de résident Algérien, Carte de résident and Européens. I imagine I am the latter (coming from UK) but I have not seen this on a form before.

3. CADRE RESERVE A LA PREFECTURE - it asks me to confirm I am looking to receive a new card, but then stipulates when I want it from and to...?

Sorry for bombarding with all three questions - all your advice is gratefully received!

Ps. I noted a slightly taciturn comment a few posts back mentioning the umber of participants to this forum. No matter the number of participants - the friendly advice I have received here has been invaluable and accurate so thank you - you 'few' people! :-)

Funny enough I went with my father to get his yesterday and again today. Seem Carcassonne closes at 11:00 for residency permits although the only place it says that is on the wall outside. Nothing on the website nor in the SMS he received a couple of weeks back to tell him his was ready for collection hence two trips. Have to say they were nearly as efficient as those back in Germany. Vey impressed.

Anyway when I went with him to register for one the form Mark is asking about was given to him to complete while he was there. My guess is that they sent it to him rather than get him to fill it out when there, speed things up perhaps?

One thing I noticed was that it says type of residence is Permanent but the card is valid for 10 years. I got the impression from this thread that the card was for ever but that's not the case. I asked what happens at 10 years, you have to do it all again apparently.

According to Mr Hunt the UK is heading for a hard Brexit "by accident" more ,like incompetence I would say. Now my dad has to worry about his healthcare as it looks more and more like a hard Brexit. Personally at his age it would make sense to sell up and return to the UK but he won't have it.

"Now my dad has to worry about his healthcare as it looks more and more like a hard Brexit. "

No he doesn't have to worry about his healthcare. If he's entitled to a carte de séjour then by definition he is entitled to healthcare as a legal resident. He may have to contribute a little towards it, but only if he can afford it; contributions are based on income and if he's on a low income there will be nothing to pay.

A lot of people are worrying unnecessarily about all kinds of things.

[quote user="NormanH"]It's a bit like a UK passport. You have to re-new the document  every 10 years too, but your right to it doesn't change.

[/quote]

I asked what happens when it runs out and was told that you renew it. I then asked if he had to provide the same information as he did for his initial application (birth certificates, last however many years it was of tax returns etc. etc.) to which the reply was yes.

I also asked how much it will cost in ten years time to renew it but they wouldn't say other than if the UK was a third country today it would cost 360 Euros of which 50 Euros has to be paid up front.

"To be fair, ET, SOME people are worrying necessarily and perfectly legitimately about SOME kinds of thingsBig Smile [:D]"

Well that is true of course. I am worrying about some kinds of things too.

I s'pose my point is, that there are enough things that do need worrying about, without also worrying about things that don't need worrying about.

"I also asked how much it will cost in ten years time to renew it but they wouldn't say "

Good grief how could anyone possibly tell you that? they must love these questions. On the one hand who knows how many times the fee will have gone up in the next ten years (how much will a croissant cost in 10 years time?), on the other hand who knows whether there will be special arrangements for Brits (unlikely but possible), on the third hand who knows whether the UK will have rejoined or indeed even managed to leave the EU by 2028.

[quote user="EuroTrash"]"

Well that is true of course. I am worrying about some kinds of things too.

I s'pose my point is, that there are enough things that do need worrying about, without also worrying about things that don't need worrying about. [/quote]

LOL, ET, now you've got me worrying about what things I should be worrying about.  I am definitely now worrying about what things I should be worrying about and also worrying about what things I shouldn't be worrying about.  Plus I'm worrying about how to tell the difference between the two?

Wish I'd kept quiet now but, had I done so, I'd only be worrying about keeping quiet whereas now, I'm only worrying about having spoken out...........

[quote user="mint"] LOL, ET, now you've got me worrying about what things I should be worrying about.  I am definitely now worrying about what things I should be worrying about and also worrying about what things I shouldn't be worrying about.  Plus I'm worrying about how to tell the difference between the two?

Wish I'd kept quiet now but, had I done so, I'd only be worrying about keeping quiet whereas now, I'm only worrying about having spoken out...........

[/quote]

Careful, Mint. You're starting to sound like Donald Rumsfeld[:D]

[quote user="EuroTrash"]
On the one hand who knows how many times the fee will have gone up in the next ten years (how much will a croissant cost in 10 years time?), on the other hand who knows whether there will be special arrangements for Brits (unlikely but possible), on the third hand who knows whether the UK will have rejoined or indeed even managed to leave the EU by 2028.[/quote]

Or whether the EU will even exist in ten year's time - well, maybe France, Germany, and possibly Spain, might still be hanging in there.