Carte de Sejour in Lot-et-Garonne

mazandcol

We've decided to apply for a CdS and having read threads on others' experiences it seems that (as usual) it varies from Prefet to Prefet. So, has anyone gone through the process at Agen please, and if so, how was it?

I have e-mailed them to check if the document list on their site is up to date, but it isn't much of a 'list'.

You need to get their reply and then comply to the letter......to be sure of not being turned away on some technicality.  I have a friend who had a difficult and anxious time precisely because they didn't have all the required documents.  But, don't be put off, she is not from your département!

[quote user="mazandcol"]We've decided to apply for a CdS and having read threads on others' experiences it seems that (as usual) it varies from Prefet to Prefet. So, has anyone gone through the process at Agen please, and if so, how was it?

I have e-mailed them to check if the document list on their site is up to date, but it isn't much of a 'list'.[/quote]

If you are on Facebook, you can join the RIFT site, and there people put in there experiences.  I am sure that I have seen Agen mentioned.

They have really useful help pages about CdS as well.

I'm not in your dept, so my reply on how it works won't help as ours in totally different.

Hi MazandCol, yes I have mind ... had the interview at the Agen Prefecture about three weeks ago and on Friday got the letter saying it's ready to be collected so will go this week.

I'm happy to email you a list of what they want. Just let me know, happy to talk you through the process.

Nectarine wrote:

I'm happy to email you a list of what they want.

Why keep it under cover? I would have thought it worthwhile to publish the requirements here so that the next M&C who arrive have a good idea of the needs from Agen.

No problem about the pms to walk them through the process however. I think that very kind and constructive.

[quote user="mazandcol"]Thanks very much Judith - I'll certainly look at the RIFT pages.[/quote]

No problem, I found that site extremely helpful.

Be aware, in spite of Nectarine's list, you may find they ask for different things from the official list, and also may NOT ask for things on the official list.  Some prefecs accept own translations, some ask for assermeté (official translator, I'm lucky I have a friend who is one), but if you bear in mind, they need to know that you will not be a burden on the state, and that they understand the documentation you offer, hence the need for translations is they don't understand English.

Most of my friends have worked on the "take in case" syndrome, but don't offer it unless asked for, eg I was never asked for my health attestation, though I had it, .. and some have needed bank statements, she did not want ours.  She did want our avis d'impôts, and she wanted our pensions translated (mine would do she said). 

I am not at all sure they don't make it up as they go along, but if in doubt take it. If you haven't got everything they need, you can send it later, but that delays the process. As far as I know, everyone I know personally who has applied so far has received theirs.  (Mainly inactifs, admittedly). With us in 34 it is making the initial appointment which is the hardest thing!.

Just picked up the CdS today. Appointments at Agen can be made online (although their rendezvous page only works if there are appointments available, if not it shows nothing. Or you can email them asking for a rdv).

Original passport and copy. Original application form plus four passport-type photos plus stamped addressed envelope. Lettre 'de motivation' ... a letter explaining why I was requesting this (it's asked for on the form) ... my reasoning being that I had moved to France and wished to spend my days here peacefully, that I considered myself well-integrated in my village, that I respected and upheld the laws and values of France and also that, due to Brexit, I wished to affirm my right to stay. Original birth certificate and translation (and copy for Prefecture). Original marriage cert with translation (and copy). If you are previously divorced, as per Mr. H. then original divorce and translation (plus copy). Attestation de droits which I downloaded from my Ameli.fr account showing my entitlement to healthcare under CPAM plus a copy of my mutuelle certificate showing current coverage. Naturally, a copy for the Prefecture as well. Original and copy of our annual Avis D'impots sur le revenue for the last five years. Then P.60s for the last five years for my works pension plus the cover page of my UK rental property contract showing monthly rental income, plus copies of UK bank statements for one year with rental income and pension income highlighted. (For my husband, a copy of his State Pension letter showing the weekly amounts payable). Copy of my Transferwise account for the last few years showing the occasional UK to France transfers of lump sums, and copy of my French bank account showing receipt of those sums. I included this as all our revenue is paid into UK so wanted to show we had this money in France. NOT NEEDED BUT PROVIDED (and thanked by the clerk as background information): an attestation by our mairie stating how long we'd lived here, a copy of our Acte de Vente - just the two pages that showed the date and address of the property and also our names. Phew ... this is a long post ..... well the clerk took pretty much everything, including our fingerprints, and said that, currently, appointments for Brits are being made for mid-July 2019 as they have to share appts with other nationals, so there seems just to be a selection of days for UK applications. The clerk was very helpful, the procedure for us both took just over half an hour. Remember, bring the originals along and if there's two of you, you need a copy for each of your dossiers.

I really hope this helps.