pergola cover

jen

Ivy, lots of different types available (google Fibrex to see the varieties available) although  mature specimens have small flowers then berries

My trachelospermum never flowers, but they are supposed to !

As far as I know all nearly all plants flower in order to reproduce themselves.

Hi,

I am really puzzled by your request for no-flowering plants.....what's wrong with flowers? The more the merrier, as far as I am concerned.

Technically of course, all plants have flowers, even things like Ivy, whose green, nectar-rich flowers encourage wasps.

We have a rather lovely golden-leaved version of the Hop vine, whose flowers are also not obvious or bright. Actinidia (Kiwi) have big leaves for shade and flowers which are not a major feature.

Colin

Viginia creeper?  So fast you can almost see it grow.

I have 2 grape vines which provide nice shade and for the last couple of years, lots of grapes too. 

I also have a lovely clematis (OK not for you as it has large flowers) and a kiwi fruit which for the first time in many years had a few white flowers which are transforming into fruit.  Just need some sun now to take advantage of all this

[quote user="ukhostland"]Hi,

I am really puzzled by your request for no-flowering plants.....what's wrong with flowers? The more the merrier, as far as I am concerned.

Technically of course, all plants have flowers, even things like Ivy, whose green, nectar-rich flowers encourage wasps.

We have a rather lovely golden-leaved version of the Hop vine, whose flowers are also not obvious or bright. Actinidia (Kiwi) have big leaves for shade and flowers which are not a major feature.

Colin

[/quote]

Thanks for the ideas, although i absolutely love flowers and like a colourful garden too, but we get absolutely plaqued with wasps and hornets and find it impossible to even relax and just sit and have a glass of wine in peace. Soooooooo definitely want a patio space without giving the little blighters anymore flowers and pollen to be attracted to.