TdS / Carte de Sejour - address change

KO12

Our little village has gone all modern and added street names and numbers to all(!) the houses.

That means a need to update our TdS/CdS (had them since 2006, latest renewed 2016) with the extra address details.

Has anyone been through this procedure? Wondering how it compares with applying for TdS/CdS. Of course, your Préfecture may(?!) work differently from ours (Aveyron).

I posted about my problems in another thread recently.
Here (Béziers 34) one has to ask for a rendez-vous just as if one were applying for a new card. I believe this is because they have to issue a new one with the fingerprints etc done again.
To get that rendez-vous one has to apply on-line.

However with the huge number of people applying there are no slots available and haven't been for months...

I suspect  the Aveyron may be less congested.

Will see if I can find your thread.

Yes. It is necessary to get a RDV here (end January), but it seems that only a few bits of documentation are needed.

Thanks for the link, but that's really for a déménagement, rather than adding details to the same address (which is probably fairly unusual).

KO12 ..........

The trouble with we Brits is our laudable desire to comply explicitely with all the rules, real or imagined (and please don’t take that the wrong way).

Personally, I’ve completely ignored the renaming / renumbering lark that’s gone on around here and I’ve told the Maire herself what a piece of nonsense the whole business has been. Post still gets here fine and delivery vans still can’t find us !

If it was me, I’d forget it until all the Brexit dust has settled, in other words in about 2022 !

I really rather doubt that you’d be first on the list to be deported if you fail to update your address.

From date of interview our Préfecture (Toulouse) states on its web site about 4 months (3-5) there and then about 6 (5-7) for SDANF (Reze), SCEC & JO publication. With luck (especially that our dossiers, which we take with us to the interviews in January, are deemed complete), that could see my wife and I holding a fistful of nationalities between us by Christmas 2019!

I guess you (Norman) are applying through Montpellier. If you use Facebook, there is a group 'Applying for French Nationality' that has many posts about Montpellier that would be useful information for you.

I also read somewhere (which I forget but deemed reliable), for those here 10+ years, there should be a maximum delay of 12 months from interview to JO, otherwise it seems that going via some Préfectures takes 18 months.

Often it depends on your local authority update .. our rented house had had an actual road name and house number from when we moved in there in July 2005 .. but it was still being wrongly marked as being a 'lieu dit' address in 2010 on all internet research for the correct address.

Yes, it is a pain. The street names and house numbers here have been 'official' since 2016 (according to a letter we just got from M. Maire). However, if you try to enter any of the 'new' addresses (not just our street, but any of them) into the La Poste 'tester une adresse' it helpfully 'corrects' the address to one that does not exist in a village 7km away from here, but will happily accept the old address (with just the name of our village) ...