Types of bills for Carte de Sejour

mrsblack

Yes I had also read that Alençon were refusing to take CDS applications from Brits, so I didn't apply until I read that someone had been successful.

I looked at the website recently just to see how long you had to wait for an appointment, and it was showing no slots available, so I wondered if maybe they are planning on changing over to a postal system.

My RDV was for 15 minutes but in fact I was there for nearly half an hour. Was starting to worry about the parking meter, I was late back to the car but luckily no ticket. It seemed to take her that long just to take each document out and look at it, then do whatever she did on the computer (she shut the window so I couldn't see what she was doing) and then the fingerprints. Maybe I just had more paperwork than average (49 documents, 60-odd sheets of paper).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BritinBretagne, Nomoss, Laurier and Eurotrash. Yes, the situation is evolving all the time- see Nomoss above. I have set up an email accountjust for OH and Ameli and hope to print off the attestation. Then just one missing utility bill to get off their site and that leaves the photocopying.

Spider, when I was in the café haunt of Brits on Friday I asked around about the time it was taking and whether emails or phone calls were being used. Well, cries of horror all round, no answers to my queries, just the "we've still to get that started" reply.

Meanwhile I push on …..

Mrs.B.

Hi ET

Can I ask if Alencon were asking for 5 years' bank statements or just one per 6 months? I have written to them but no response (they were prompt replying to me in 2017 and 2018 saying the CdeS was not necessary but now haven't replied). CA suggested some Prefectures only wanted 1 every 6 months. Also, someone who has just got their CdeS from Alencon said that some people were only supplying P60's but she didn't know if (after their RV) they were subsequently asked for more info and we don't want to have to go in again.

We saw plenty of slots when we applied to go in early March but that also may have changed.

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do;jsessionid=AE9A29FCE6BF437AF123BD8472CED0E5.tplgfr29s_2?cidTexte=JORFTEXT000038100655&dateTexte=&oldAction=rechJO&categorieLien=id&idJO=JORFCONT000038100449

Having read that using Google (I don't speak French) it would seem if your appointment is after the 29th March it will either be cancelled or from my fathers experience in other situations you will turn up only to be told it's cancelled.

Thing is it appears nothing will happen automatically it's down to you as a UK citizen to sort it out and pdq it seems. I noticed they also sneaked in that your going to have to pay (an administrative fee) as well which is more than likely to be the same as a non EU citizen asking to reside in France. Interesting that this new permit is not EU wide, just for France. I thought up until I read this that it was going to be free, I mean certainly Germans in the UK will get theirs free and I assume it's the same for all EU citizens living there. I a may be wrong because I don't speak French and am relying on Google which is what another member of the forum suggests in thee circumstances.

@Laurier - sorry I can't help there as I didn't provide any bank statements at all.

I'm self employed and for the financial side I provided one document per trimester over 5 years showing how much I had earned and what social contributions I had paid, plus an annual summary of income/cotisations for each year. I didn't see what bank statements would have added, and since this already came to 25 documents in itself I decided enough was enough, and they seemed satisfied.

@CT - don't forget that this latest text is only concerned with the no deal scenario. If there is no deal between the EU and the UK then it's up to each individual EU country to make their own arrangements for dealing with it.

If there is a deal then yes as you say, all countries will do whatever has been agreed in the deal.

Now working on income and have collected P60s and pension increases. I expect they will have seen lots of these already and the Avis d'Imposition gives a clear view of our income from the past.We have an Assurance Vie the latest statement of which I will include.All utility bills collected except for a water bill from the SAUR which I need for one period of 6 months.I went onto the site , created a client space but couldn't find where they keep the historique of all the bills. So I emailed them about it and await a reply.. I am now thinking I will type up a summary page for each section saying what documents there are as there are such a lot of them.I am off to visit friends tomorrow who haven't done anything yet and hope to persuade them to start as it will have to be done sometime.

Sorry. Lindal1000, I didn't thank you for your post earlier on. Please accept my thanks now. I really appreciate the support this forum brings.MrsB.

Mrs Black

I saw you registered on Ameli to get the attestation du droits. I have been trying desperately to create an account but it keeps saying one of the 'champs' is incorrect. I have checked time and again and the name, number, dob, postal code are all correct for both myself and OH but it keeps saying something is incorrect.

Am I missing something obvious?

I can't see a way of emailing them to ask unless I first have an account? If I had the account, I wouldn't need to email them! grrrr

Hello Laurier, I know the feeling. One thing I did which the site didn't like was the champ for the name. The first time I did it I put in surname followed by first name. So I just put in surname. The other thing was the social security number. I had to leave off the final two numbers. I think it says how many digits there are and the social security number has two extra so leaving off the last two worked. The third thing was that I phoned the help number 3646 if I remember correctly. Not an easy move. It the call centre for all of France and the have a press one for... style. The also ask for you to say -with best accent of course- your department and what your query is for the voice recognition software -if that is what it is - I can see someone smiling at my weak grasp of techie things. This wasn't too bad for me as I only had to say Charente and attestation de droits. Whenever I get menus -press one etc, I tend to do nothing so that they get a human for me. One other thing , the date of birth doesn't come up in the correct format- I had to add in the day. Also the bank IBAN number had me scurrying for the cheque book. Other than that it was quite straightforward. I smile. Hope that helps.Their little ? help things are helpful. I used it to get the issue number on the carte vitale.

I'm glad it's not just me. My OH said to ring the number but I was trying to avoid that! I had put I the name in every combination but will try surname only.. It would only accept 13 numbers anyway, not the final two, and I had put in the date for the dob. It obviously recognised the name and number for it to come up with almost the correct dob for both me and OH. I shall have another go. Thanks MrsB

Thanks. Have now registered with Ameli. I suppose the clue was that they asked for 'nom'. We assume that means full name but they mean just 'surname' which worked. I thought I would be able to download the attestation immediately but it seems you have to wait 8 days for a letter with a code. Just as well we are getting organised in plenty of time before RV. Tks MrsB.

One thing I found out was that the Health people the CPAM hold "surgeries" for people in Mairies in towns well away from the main cities - Angouleme -in our case. The bigger small towns have them if you understand me. Once a week- you just turn up and wait in a queue. It is easier than the phone. I was told that they don't send attestations out in the post.I was lucky in that I managed to get OH's one.

All the best, MrsB.