Types of bills for Carte de Sejour

mrsblack

Hi

Can I just ask about bank statements -I understood that the P60's and confirmation of  letter of increase from DWP were sufficient to prove income.  All our bank statements are online as we are paperless and I can run off 5 years' worth if necessary.  However, the statements online have my name but not my address and I wonder if that is sufficient?

How are others managing with the statements online?

We were going to wait until 29 March to see what they required but think we should get moving on it now, even if the new requirements are something different.

MyOH has been here for over the 5 years but I have only been here for 4+ so am hoping the permanent will be granted.

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning Laurier. Yes, bank statements. Our problem is that Mr. B's show really very little activity and in fact he could have been out of France for much of the time. We are a household in which I have always paid all of the bills here as I set up everything in France and Mr. came when all the work was done and also because I am the one who speaks French. So I have decided to use what docs. convey his continuing residence for him which are the statements from the CPAM and to make an" attestation sur l'honneur"that he has been resident with me since.... We did this the driving licences . The tax avis cover the second semester of the year and also usefully show our income. I will also include as you say, the pension P60s. I have loads of evidence and he has practically nothing ,but I think he has enough. I think it is essential to show name and address. Anyway, I got up this morning determined to take this whole thing calmly and steadily. Best wishes, MrsB

PS I haven't tried getting copies of statements online yet but will gointo Credit Agricole on Friday as it would be easier just to print the one I need.

MrsB, You are doing exactly as you should do.  Get ti all out, copy it (for both!) and have more than you need.  Slow but sure is also the best way forward, it does take time, but at the end, knowing you have done all you can, and if there is something missing, they usually allow you to send it on - we had to do with our pension statements.  For most, it seems that actually getting the rdv is the hardest part!   Bonne chance.

Yhanks, Judith, you are very encouraging. OH was into his account online this morning and I am about to go into mine. Havn't discovered how to get at all of them the "historique"totale" as one might call it, but I feel I am on top of the process which is a good feeling.Thanks again.MrsB.

We were panicking but the rendezvous was plain sailing. We had this on 7 Jan of this year. Basically we took the necessary birth, marriage and divorce certificates (all translated as this was indicated on the list of requirements). We also took P60s and latest letters from State Pension people indicating what the updated payments were (translated). We then took 2 edf bill per annum for last 5 years and avis des impots for last 5 years. These were copied and identical for both of us. No bank statements whatsoever were required. Today we've both had letters asking us to come to collect our cartes from the prefecture. Nowhere near as bad as we'd imagined.

Great news, Minnie. Glad to hear about the bank statements not being needed as I have been trying on the Credit Agricole site to find where they keep all the previous statements. There is just the latest one. I have, of course managed to lose quite a few, paper ones, especially of my OH's. Our UK bank site is brilliant - all there going back ages, but no luck today. I will work on other bits and pieces in the meantime and go in and see them on Friday.

If anyone out there, reading this, knows where to find the historique, please help. I noticed on the news that the UK is proposing stricter "settled status" rules after the 29th March,so I will be advising any friends who hope all will be fine to get started.

Thanks again all posters, MrsB.

If anyone o

I don't know if the different regional CA websites are all the same but on mine, on the panel on the left hand side you go down to e-Documents and you choose Consultation, then you simply choose the account or service that you want to consult the paperwork for, and click on the little blue pointer thingy to the right. It will then list all your statements going back to, in my case, 2011 for the account I've had for longest. I don't know why 2011 because I opened the account in 2007, maybe that's when they started putting them online?

Then you click on the little pdf icon to download a statement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks EuroTrash. I have just created my online Ameli account and printed off my Attestation de Droits and feeling pleased with myself. I am stopping for today and tomorrow will do one for OH and go back to the CA site tomorrow. Thanks again, MrsB.

BritinBretagne- Thanks - homework to be done tomorrow,. I really appreciate all the support from you posters on the forum.

Euro_trash, thanks again. I couldn't resist going back to the CA site and lo- OH now has 2 bank releves per 2014,2015 and 2016 printed out. We are really pleased with ourselves.

Our daughter (UK based) was horrified at the way our lives here are being messed with. She knows EU citizens who have worked in UK and married UK spouses, and knows their situation, but didn't realise that her old Mum would be in a similar situation. Well, she knew but hadn't realised the extent of the paperwork. Thanks everyone.MrsB

Like you, am finding out the process as I go along.  Found out from CA today that I can run off any statements I want (for the last 10 years) which will have name and address on.  He told me where to find it on their site. However, the helpful chap at CA told me to check with the relevant Prefecture before running off 5 years' of monthly statements as some Prefectures are only asking for one every six months.  He said that was what some of their other clients had told them so I have written to the Prefecture to clarify that.

Good morning Laurier. This morning I successfully collected and/or printed off both sets of Bank statements -2 per year. So progress being made. I am now going to put away the files of bank stuff as it was the bulk of docs. Next stage is the utility bills. I have the tax ones done the avis d'impots, and then on to proof of income bits which is really just a bit of photocopying. I smiled as I typed that last bit as it will be some photocopying! Thanks for your post - it is comforting to know we are not alone. MrsB.

Greetings All,

Just decided to re-register with this forum after reading these posts on obtaining a CdS from Angouleme (Charente).

Initially I applied for a RDV expecting a phone call for appointment, in fact what I received was an email asking us to send all the details by post. This was in October last year.

I printed off all the stuff required for both me and my wife and sent them off (big bulky package!) on 30th October. To date I have had no response from them. Late last month I sent an email asking how my application was progressing but again no response.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has applied by post and received their CdS, in particular how long it took and whether you were contacted by phone or email.

Sorry not to be able to help, Spider. All I know is that it takes a long time. All two people I know got theirs before the postal only situation started and that started because of the very heavy workload.

As for us, I got a utility bill for each half year and then couldn't get an attestation of droits de sante as the email address is already in use ( I used our joint one for my attestation). Got on phone, they don't post them, go to weekly local health official meeting slot, or I set up another email account just for OH's. Off to set up that email account.

I, too would be interested to hear how long it has taken someone. Just a thought, but would it say on the Charente site how they contact us?All the best, MrsB

Hi Mrs B

All I got was an email copied below:

La

date du dépôt de la demande de titre de séjour correspond à la

date de réception à la préfecture du dossier complet.

Vous serez

recontacté dans les meilleurs délais pour une prise de

rendez-vous.

La liste de pièces est disponible sur le

site de la préfecture de la Charente

:

http://16.accueil-etrangers.gouv.fr/demande-de-titre-de-sejour/vous-etes-ressortissant-e-de-l-ue/vous-etes-ressortissant-e-de-l-ue/

As far as I can see there is nothing about how or when they will contact us. If I receive anything I will let you know.

Hi Wb

I didn't realise you had to have TWO appointments. I thought the RV made on line was to receive and check the papers and then you either got the card in due course or had to supply more information.  Am I reading it wrong?

From your email (I know the Prefectures are different), it sounds as if the first one is just to deposit the papers.  Is the second one a more 'in detail' interview?

Have to say I don't know why people call them "interviews". Either other departments do things differently, or they're translating "rendez vous" as "interview" when it would perhaps be more appropriate to call it an "appointment".

All my "rendez vous" was, was handing over the dossier and filling in a form. She asked me a couple of questions to start off with, just so she understood my situation and what documents I was providing, but it was nothing like an interview. (That was Alençon préfecture.)

Some Prefectures like Angoulême have done away with the initial appointment to go through your dossier the accept postal applications. If the paperwork is in order they will let you know when you need to go in to collect your card and have your fingerprints taken. In Angoulême you don’t even need to arrange an appointment for that as they have Brittaniques only sessions.

[quote user="woolybanana"]First appointment was to hand over and have papers checked and basic approval, fingerprints taken, given temporary document. Took maybe 15 mins.

Second appointment was to just pick up the card and took maybe 5 mins.[/quote]

For my father they sent him an SMS message when to collect and no appointment was required. Perhaps it depends on the percentage of Brits in each region and how many apply. Alternatively perhaps some regions are more anti British than others. Mind you I wouldn't like to be an Italian at the moment trying to get one for a job! Unless of course your department is full of yellow jackets.

Only 50 days to go folks, exciting isn't it. If I was May I would phone next time rather than waste tax payers money on a flight to Brussels only to hear non, nein, no yet again.

Thanks for that - we are also Alencon. I had thought it was a proper interview from what I had read from various contributors but since the initial RV is only 15 minutes, decided it must be just to drop in the dossier.

We are only just applying as I had previously written to the Prefecture on two occasions (2017 and 2018) asking if we could apply for a CdeS and they had said it was not necessary and would not afford us any rights after 29 March. However, it seems they subsequently amended that in the light of govt directives.