Post hole borer/auger

Angie

We have a large number of fence posts which we need to install later this year but the soil is almost always rock solid even after rain!  As we also plan to plant several dozen trees we thought we might use something called a post hole borer/auger.  Are these tools (either motorised or manual) available in France and if so, what are they called?  I have tried our local lawnmover and hire shop but they don't seem to understand what I mean, despite showing them a photo.  Don't mind either buying or renting. 

Thank you in advance

You cant do better than this at the price, I have one!

http://www.amazon.fr/Tari%C3%A8re-thermique-forets-inclus-rallonge/dp/B0082DL78Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391159573&sr=8-1&keywords=tari%C3%A8re+thermique

It lacks in power a little so you do have to clear the auger from time to time and take smaller bites like using a battery drill with a discharged battery, the real positive of that is that it will not rip your arms off or throw you around like a rag doll.

Works fine for me even in heavy clay, wouldnt use it for professional everyday use as it wouldnt cut through tree roots, but then it wont injure me like the pro ones I have used.