online plant supplier, UK

Mrs Trellis

I want to buy a plant as a Golden Wedding present. Does anyone know of a reliable online retailer?

The obvious choice would be something named 'Golden ....' but I think yellow would not be liked. Any suggestions for a suitable plant gift for someone in the south of England?

I have used a company called http://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/ , ordering online in France, to send gifts for various occasions to people in the UK.  It always seems to have worked out well.   I have  sent a 'thinking of you' rose (an actual named variety) to a friend whose husband had died.  All the roses with 'golden wedding' in the title are, not surprisingly, yellow, but there are lots of other options including  'Special anniversary' or 'Champagne moment'. For my Aunt's 90th I used their 'Name your own rose' option (around £45

including delivery) and she is now the delighted owner of the one and

only 'Mildred's rose', with bright pink blooms,  which has pride of place in a large tub on her patio. So maybe you could send them a 'Fred and Doris - 50 years together' rose  or something along those lines?

Val

Could you call a nursery close to where your friend lives?

I called one (I already knew them to be good) when I wanted a similar gift once.  They were incredibly helpful, selected a great plant for me, which is always difficult at a distance.  I paid a little extra for 'gift wrap' but they delivered it for free as it was very close to them. Great service from using a local supplier.