Disinfecting a chain saw?

Jonzjob

I have a couple of mur platane trees that are infected with a canker and have to come down.That are the usual ones the French have in the garden to provide the summer shade. I will be cutting them down in the very near future and want to disinfect my chain saw afterwards.

Does anyone have any idea of the best way of diong this please as we don't want to take any chances of passing anything onto any of the other trees in the garden?

That's about the line we are thinking Pierre. I'll have to drop the chain and the bar in a bucket of a disinfectant me-thinks.

The best example of cross contamination I can think of is why there are something like 40,000 trees along the Canal du Midi to be cut down! The contamination is thought to have been caused by a couple of tree cutters, I won't call them surgeons, who had been cutting deseased trees in the north of France. Then they came down here to do some work on our trees along the Canal without disinfecting their kit properly! I found out last Saturday that the same firm have now got the contract to cut those trees down!!!

When we walk along the Canal I want to weep when I see what is happening. But at least they are replanting with resistant trees.

It'll be more than 6 mins by the time I get over me rupture from laughing!! He is up there with David Gunson in my opinion.

The guy across the road planted a load of trees 40 years back when they first moved in. He got totally peed off with trying to dig the holes, we are sat on a rock plateau. So after a few holes he decided enough was enough and dug several more with explosives!! Apparently he got a couple a tad wrong and the debris went a fair bit higher than the house!![:-))] SWMBO was not amused!!