Rampaging mint

woolybanana

OK, it has just busted its pot and is threatening to do a triffid on me. Apart from putting it in a far, far corner of the galaxy and leaving it to populate the Universe, what is the best way to keep Rampaging Mint under control, svp.

Just getting bigger and bigger pots seems so unimaginative.

I thought you meant our dear friend Mint had been out rampaging when I read your thread's title at first, Wooly!

Edibke mint can be a real thug, can't it.

I followed my father's practice - an old bottomless bucket buried almost to its top and plant a small rooted piece of mint into it. I've never had mint come up around the bucket and have had this garden for 30+ years.

If you don't have a grotty old bucket, they can often be found at the dechetterie or at the poorest sort of brocante and you can usually band a good hole in the bottom relatively easily .

Good luck; we don't want mint triffids let loose to roam around your new area!

Grow lots of it Wooly, you could make a mint doing so [:-))]

Bucquets? We had a stand for one of those green, round 300 ltr rain water tubs. The tub burst when it froze solid a few years back. Now the base has several holes drilled in it and turned upside down and mint planted in it. I don't think it can escape from that?

As far as your spreading mint around the world? Eat it [blink] That was our way of getting around a load of ground elder that was taking over. We ate it [8-|] A bit like spinach..

Our own little nimt has gone somewhat quiet of late; has she gone to hunt the Snurk (Franco-Welsh version and much older) in the deep woods of denderland or is she on a pilgrimage to Watchamadoo, deep in the great Undefined Forest of Boolagia?

Yes, JJ, I am on the hunt for something like that. Bit I always thought ground elder was deadly poisonouz to us ducks?