robotic lawnmower france

mooky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...
I've got a neighbour who has a plot of about the same two-court size, on a slope. Until about five years ago it was their potato bed. But he is now in his eighties so they stopped using it and let it go to grass.

It was then cut with a sit-on mower but for the last two years they have a Husqvarna robot mower (Robot Tondeuse Automower Husqvarna) trundling around every day. Not that it has had much to cut this summer.

I am in the process of installing a robot mower at the moment, i've just got to the initial trial to find out if the installation of the boundary cable is going to work out.

It's a Flymo 1200R from Amazon UK.

It's on a patch of grass - I hesitate to call it a lawn - of about 400 Sq metres which I got fed up with mowing this year - we had a lot of rain early in the year.

The principle of these mowers is that as it is mowing continuously it is only nipping off the top 1 - 2 mm of the grass blades on every pass as they grow.

I would recommend burying the cable rather than pegging it down, which in our ground turned out to one of the labours of Hercules, but it's done now!

Seems very well thought out, the instructions are excellent and comprehensive, there is an instructional CD included.

Spare parts like the blades are available as non-original and cheaper than from Flymo.

A good appraisal of the Flymo here:-

https://myrobotmower.com/tips-and-tricks-for-using-the-flymo-1200r-robot-lawn-mower/

And a useful blog comparing various automowers from someone who has run one for a few years.

http://robotic-lawn-mower.blogspot.com/2016/

"500 + m2 sounds a lot to expect from" a robotic mower, no doubt they will claim it can do more."

They say a maximum of 400 sq meters - just programme it to mow 24/7 that means it will be mowing for a little more than 12 hours per 24 hour day, as it mows for an hour and then charges for about 50 minutes,