blue flowers at roadside

richard51

Today driving through rural dordogneshire I remarked to OH how similar the blue flowers along the roadside were to bluebells in our UK garden.

Despite normally OH being rather good at flower names we cant find the name of them - any ideas?

Heads are about 6 inches long.and are pretty ubiquitous. Can't be Fleur de Lys as OH says I'm wrong.

Ta for a response.

Mmmm - OH not convinced. I was about to give sarcastic response about WBs translation but perhaps Spain is far enough south for it to be a possibility, especially with BnBs sane post.

However, looking on the internet further there appears to be the possibility that it is wild thyme. There is a website that will apparently correlate photos of flowers with their names - OH has details apparently. So we will do that when she/we have time.

If so, then bizarre, as our favourite restaurant is called the "Bryn de Thym" and we were there only yesterday. Can google it but you will need to book as its very popular with locals.

[quote user="richard51"]Mmmm - OH not convinced. I was about to give sarcastic response about WBs translation but perhaps Spain is far enough south for it to be a possibility, especially with BnBs sane post.

However, looking on the internet further there appears to be the possibility that it is wild thyme. There is a website that will apparently correlate photos of flowers with their names - OH has details apparently. So we will do that when she/we have time.

Can you post a link to that website please?

If so, then bizarre, as our favourite restaurant is called the "Bryn de Thym" and we were there only yesterday. Can google it but you will need to book as its very popular with locals.[/quote]