Ever played Catch the Waterbutt?

woolybanana

Took some water butts down yesterday to give them an annual preseason clean. The today I heard an odd grating noise in the garden. Blow me down, there were three heavy duty plastic water butts doing an elaborate group waltz across the terrace and onto the lawn. An abnormal swirl of wind had given them the urge to dance. Good fun catching them, a bit like rounding up bullocks!

Phew, gale upon gale upon gale.

Is this the place to confess to a thrill for watching thunder, lightning and buckets of rain whooshing down?

There was one year when we were staying in a hotel in Sorrento with a magnificent view of Vesuvius.  One night, there was a storm like no others I had ever seen.  I insisted on opening the French windows and watching the spectacle and letting the rain come in and OH knew better than to ask me why I was opening the huge floor to ceiling windows .....lol

We sometimes get dancing plastic garden chairs, which usually end up in the pool, and tables, which don't but do end upside down with broken legs and chops out all round.  Never been awake to see it though.

After the flood we found one missing plastic green chair in the pool, but days afterwards as the pool water was so muddy we couldn't see it. That wasn't wind though ... but the rain.  And on the same occasion, sadly, in the lower fish pond, several little fishes swam and swam, right over the dam, as it were, and were found scattered, dead, of course, around the garden. 

Of course, at the time, the garden was the least of our worries, and we didn't bother with it until we'd made the house liveable again ... at least in  part. 

Weather, indeed, when angry, can be disastrous.

AFAIK, the storm is only going to be at its worst for 48 hours.  So why don't you put the root balls in water until you could plant them out?  Won't harm in water for a couple of days.

All is calm chez nous; in fact, going to be 19° tomorrow afternoon!  Think I'll have an early lunch and go out with my neighbours for a walk.