Autumn/Winter interest?

Coco

This is our first season of B&B so we have no history to go on. When we rented the house as a gite we took bookings right through to the October half-term and had much interest for Christmas and New Year.

Before we had our own house we often used to have a couple of autumn and spring breaks in chambres d'hotes (taking advantage of the cheaper ferry fares).

Does anyone with more experience than me, reasonably close to Channel ports, have any idea how much business we could see over the next three months or so? We've already got a couple of bookings for September - including Americans who will be away from home (their first trip overseas!) on 9/11!!!

I've been delighted with the bookings we've had from French travellers and I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the best places to advertise to encourage UK short break travellers over the winter months?

Coco

Hi

Be interested to know where you found your French guests from? And have you had any Dutch? It's our first season here too, although we ran B&B in England, and would like to attract more Continentals. We've had a good summer but, like you, we'd like to attract short break guests in the Autumn.

When you say you let the house as a gite, do you mean you let your house, and moved into somewhere else whilst you let? It's an idea I've had too, but wonder what to do about all the personal clothes etc.

A bientot

B