euros up and down?

On the subject of charging euros for accomodation or evening meals. I charge 35 per night and 12 for evening meal. Recently a few guests have queried the bill because the euros stated were at the rate 6 months ago when I printed the invoices. Their question was that the exchange rate today is ???? At one time the charge was 57 euros now it's about 50! Should I stick to a fixed charge or adjust accordingly?
Also how easy it is apply for a euro cheque in England?

LAST EDITED ON 01-Dec-03 AT 11:06 AM (GMT)

I presume that you are in France. If that is the case are you perhaps complicating matters for yourself by putting your charges in sterling? It may be better for you to price in euros then convert to sterling, if necessary, when you take the booking at the rate applying on that day.
The European Central Bank publishes the average rate each day on their website
http://www.ecb.int/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-graph-gbp.html
On the subject of euro cheques you will find that most UK banks will issue them or arrange a bank transfer but that may involve charges for you and the client in either case.
There is another option for taking payments but as it may be advertising a particular company I have sent you the details privately.
Hope this is of some help.
Jeff

Am I missing the point?

If you are charging 35 and receiving payment in Sterling, the rate shown on your invoices is at best irrelevant and at worst confusing. You could show a rate of of a million euros to the pound but you would still only charge 35!

The serious point is that you are putting yourself at the mercy of the exchnge rate, but you are at least offering your vistors a degree of certainty.

However while all this is going on your 35 income has in effect fluctuated from 45 to 55 euros, whilst your costs have no doubt only fluctuated upwards.

Further thought - pity your poor accountant trying to sort all this out for the french taxman. It will no doubt increase your accountancy bill, and the thought of all that money passing through an english bank acccount ,may well attract the attention of the Fisc....