B & B wanted near Calais

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My suggestions would be if you want convenience the Campanile at Bethune which is right on the motorway exit only about an hour from the port. McDonalds is across the road (sorry!) and you can visit Decathlon next door which whiles away an hour before supper if u are eating at the Campanile which is perfectly adequate - the local Auchan is about a quarter of a mile down the road to stock up with wine before getting on the boat and filling up with fuel. If you want something slightly more interesting we have stayed in Ardres also fairly close many times at the Hotel Relais or another one at the other end of the town beginning with a 'C' I think which I can't remember the name of but which was v. good for an evening meal. Hope this helps. The Campanile chain seems to win hands down for sheer convenience most times, although we are trying to wean ourselves off them!.

Kat, following on from my last msg just noticed u are going back on Bastille Day - so strongly suggest you book ahead which is presumably y u are asking now about it - we have stayed at the Campanile at Bethune on that date and the town has a festival atmosphere and is v. pleasant.