Transfer ownership Of property from parents to child.

wz4jc3

Hi everyone, this is my first visit to the forum, which I am hoping will ease me in to what seems like a minefield.

My parents have owned a small property in Normandy for approximately 12 years with the intention of making it habitable and to be used as a holiday home. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, the required work has not been completed and the house remains inhabitable.

It has been decided that they are no longer in a position to move the house forward and have offered ownership to me, their son, to complete the required work so that everybody can enjoy it.

What I would like some advice on is the easiest and cheapest way of transferring ownership of the property over to me.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Tout à fait Norman ..

But the OP might just need a bit of help.

OP you might also need this : https://translate.google.com/

or this : https://www.deepl.com/translator

unless you use an automatic translator in your browser.

Good luck.

Apologies : you will need to copy and paste as the software on this site doesn't like Chrome.

So...

I take it from the site that my parents would have to donate the house to me. Does the fact I have two siblings matter?

Is it not possible to just transfer ownership after payment?

Does the donation mean that I own the house from the point of donation ,or would this only become active at a later date?

How is the value of the property calculated? Is it related the amount of money exchanged at the point of sale?

So many questions! Apologies, but i would like to clarify what it all means and if this is the only and the best option available to us.

Thank you again.

So...

I take it from the site that my parents would have to donate the house to me. Does the fact I have two siblings matter?

Is it not possible to just transfer ownership after payment?

Does the donation mean that I own the house from the point of donation ,or would this only become active at a later date?

How is the value of the property calculated? Is it related the amount of money exchanged at the point of sale?

So many questions! Apologies, but i would like to clarify what it all means and if this is the only and the best option available to us.

Thank you again.