Marketing Proposal

Wilko

What !

Bunty do us all a favour and let it go, you really are becomeing a right pain in the butt. Put yer anorak on and go for a nice ride in the sunshine. It will do you good to be in the fresh air for a change !

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Bunty
Who?

Arnold I look forward to seeing the site progressing, and I do mean that, as I said before its a good idea - best of luck, hope some ideas flow from this - Im taking down the mockup as its obv. not starting any usefull discussion - just promting the 'jump on the bandwagon crew'

Piki - I will do you the favour (briefly), only cause I have to fly out tommorrow, but you never know I may look in and cheer you up

Enough guys.

Whilst I much prefer the tone of the various comments/criticisms of the owners and potential guests here, Mike had useful things to say and sadly his tone detracted greatly from his message. As time goes on, I hope that we'll be able to take on board all of these comments and more.

His comments as myself and others have noted were generally far too technical for this particular forum but are nevertheless things that need to be sorted out (and would have been with/without his appearance here). Once the site is more complete (perhaps in a few months time) I'd be looking for yourselves and people like him to tear it to shreds because if we don't do it, our potential customers certainly will.

Onward....

Mike has given y'all something of a flavour of a possible future appearance for ourinns but a future limited to its existing capabilities. What I'd like some feedback on is your (the owners) thoughts on the addition of a few little extras:

1. Offering discounts to customers passed on from others in the ourinns network of, say, 5% (that's the discount I give my own repeat customers). I'd need to indicate on the site those that were prepared to offer that discount as I don't think it should be a requirement to do it to get listed. Won't it cost us all a fortune? Well, yes, it would cost 5% but it should also have the effect of encouraging people to book within the network on travelling holidays and the like so should increase the overall level of bookings.

2. How does an availability calendar covering all the members of ourinns grab you? This one is down the road a bit but needs a good deal of work so I think it's better to float the idea early on.

Toyed with the idea of a forum for the owners but LF seems like a nice home for that (and I'm not just saying that!). I would like to build on the tips section of the owners page though. For instance, I've never seen the process written down of how to go from "that's a lovely place" to "you wouldn't think we've been here a year now, would you?". I've bits of it at www.mascamps.com/living/en.htm but that's more general for people moving here and doesn't really cover (yet) the business of registration as a CdH etc.

I'd also like to know the things that you'd like to see on the site. Even the ones that seem incredibly difficult to do because sometimes things that appear hard are easy and vice versa. For instance, giving everyone an email along the lines of [email protected] is relatively easy.

Promotion-wise, once people start clicking on those google ads, I'm hoping to recycle that income in the form of our very own google ads to promote the site. If perchance you do see one of those ads in the future: DON'T CLICK ON IT!

Arnold

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Arnold.  Thought you might like to know something regarding ourinns. A long lost friend, not been in touch for more than three years, put our names followed by Provence into Google. Up comes our ourinns website, numero uno on page one. You are an etoile.

Rgds Wilko