Toilet Paper Competition

Wilko

Hi There!

On a lighter note, we are having a competition for the usage of toilet paper. Over the past few months we have been astonished at the number of rolls that people can get through. The record at the moment is two complete rolls in 36 hours by one couple.

Has anyone else noticed this? should we have a loo roll surcharge? Has Metro stocked up for 2006? We don't do table d'hote, only continental breakfast, so it's not our cooking.

Anyone else noticed this type of usage?

Rgds Wilko

• 2 weeks later...

Goodness that's not even trying. A whole 36 hours and only 2 rolls!

We had one couple in for a week who went through two rolls every day in their own room and one more each day in the loo at the end of the corridor for good measure (actually it would probably have been two in that loo but we use it ourselves).

Arnold

But they couldn't have been. Where would you put 21 rolls of loo paper (nearer 30 if you count the ones that disappeared from the end of the corridor)? OK, they must have used some but that still leaves getting for two full packets of loo rolls and they'd only the one (not massive) case between them. Flying home too so it wasn't that they packed the car either.

Arnold

Actually, it just struck me what they've been doing with them.... they've been peddling them to the locals.

Is it just here, or is it all over France that guys drop their trousers in the middle of a field when they need to go? Do they plan for this by taking loo rolls with them?

Arnold

An American, a Japanese and an Irishman are having a sauna.

A beeping sound is heard and the American lifts his arm and presses his wrist which turns it off. "It's just my pager, which has been micro-chipped under my skin".

A few minutes later, a tune plays and the Japanese raises his hand and starts talking into it. "I hope I didn't disturb you", he says to the others. "I have a mobile phone programmed into my hand".

The Irishman feels decidedly outdone and low-tech. Suddenly he walks out of the sauna into the toilet. When he returns, he has a piece of toilet paper hanging from his rear end. When the American points this out to him, the Irishman turns round and exclaims:

"B-Jaysus, would you look at that? I'm getting a fax"