We will one day be opening a B&B in the Allier, but it seems a lifetime away as the house is in need of more than just a lick of paint.

I have created a BLOG full of posts and pictures as a kind of online diary. It was first created so that our friends and family could keep up to date on our progress. But I thought if ever you are bored it might make a good time filler. You can see just how NOT to renovate a house, how to get 20 french teenagers in your pool or how to make an excellent chicken liver pate!

This is not advertising I would just like to add, I gain nothing from people looking at the BLOG, just thought it might make you laugh!

Happy blogging!

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit I havent read all the way through your blog but have saved your URL to my favourtes to come back to later.
Sounds like you are already down a path I have been looking to head down myself. I have a property in France, in the Sologne area, which I am renovating.
We have just finished the roof and have gutted the first floor ready for new bedrooms and bathrooms. We also have a set of out buildings which we want to convert into living accomodation. The idea being that these buildings, being self contained could be rented out.
I still work in England but at age 54 I am looking for early retirement so I can spend more time at the house. I am lucky to be bilingual as my mother is French (it was her family home). I look forward to reading your Blog - might even start one myself. I am finding it difficult making the decision to quit here and work on the house full time but if I dont do it soon......

Dear all,

I wanted to say Thank you!!!

Has been great to have people looking at the site and to hear your feedback!  Please do keep checking it and if anyone has any opinions or ideas, please let us know, we are so open to suggestions!!

Similarly if anyone is sitting on the fene about making a move over to france and would like some pros or cons (if I can think of any) then just ask, I'd be pleased to help whoever I could.

Thanks again