template for gite / B&B business plan

[quote user="viva"]

You really are the most unpleasant character aren't you?

Does running a B and B stress you out that much that you have to be

extremely rude and obnoxious to any one who dares to disagree with you?

If you don't mean to come accross in this manner, why not just adapt

your tone slightly so as not to come accross in such a belligerent

manner ? This should get the harem out in support again!

[/quote]

Actually I really am not obnoxious in life but, I am sometimes with people that p*** me off.......

You know when you have a toothache and there's nothing you can do to

ease it from following you around, well...that's you that is. If people

didn't dare to disagree, shouldn't we change this Forum's name to

"Agree or Bugger off". Is this all you can do these days...Where's

Miki, I must find him to disagree with him and whatever he posts, I

just want to disagree. That is pretty sad eh?

So come on Mods, this lady is a stalker and I want her off my back,

just as Deimos is able to do.. Forgotten the right method, is it knock

twice and ask for Attilla?

Knocking the "Harem" as you call it is rather nasty, they are purely

having a bit of fun in what is a grey and long winter, lower your own

belligerate tone a bit, they mean no harm.

Well it seems like quite a lot of people p*ss you off doesn't it.

I did think about increasing my self imposed exile after your recent tirade against me on another subject ( glad to see you went back and altered it, the first post was simply the garbled ravings of a mad man) .

But if as you say, you weren't stalking anybody then how can this be seen as stalking you? 

I didn't call them the harem, you and the harem did! 

"Perhaps, just perhaps, he's right. Perhaps, just perhaps, you ..."

As a recent member of this forum I'm not going to offer opinions on anybody.

However, one thing I have noticed is that very often it is easy to lose track of who is addressing whom. I've quoted part of Dick's comment purely as an example, not because I think he is particularly prone to doing this.

A few names would help. At least then it would be clearer who thinks what about whom.

And I wrote this before seeing Russethouse's "you mean me?" question.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Mod hat on

A complaint has been received

I suspect that a great amount of this thread will be deleted but

any further posts of a personal nature definitely  will

be, whether they are directed at a mod or anyone else.

[/quote]

Oh no, not another one, seeing as there are only a few folks in this

thread, which one complained this time. McDonalds get less complaints

than here. If it was someone not on the thread,

well.................................

[quote user="searcher30"]where can we find a template for a gite/b&b business plan . we may need this to show the bank to get a mortgage/loan to do house up . thanks in advance[/quote]

We may need this to show the bank...

Rather than waste your time locating and completing a template, all of which takes a lot of thought and time, why not just ask your bank if it is actually needed?  

[quote user="Owens88"]

Hey guys don't fall out.

Quillan spoke with unforked tongue I think.

My reaction to the original question was b***** cheek.  But perhaps I better explain why. The business plan summarises the ideas and the thinking,   ---   dealing with the what ifs and the 'oh my god! s' amongst other things .

Any template is only a way of structuring the words (or the numbers) .Even Microsoft give out basic templates for the documents. They are not a template for a Business Plan per se.

(o.k. that sounded pompous, and is, but Business Plans are a large party of my day job and I rescue a lot of people who start off thinking they are doing a 'colour in the spaces' exercise for the bank ).

Quillan may not have expressed it with custard on top but his gist was broadly correct - one has to manage for profit and to stay liquid and legal. Often the three are confused (or simplified because 'we don't need all that hassle do we ?')

Perhaps the OP might have had more sympathy if he said something like' I've factored this lot in, what have I missed ?

Editted as afterhought.. In fact doesn't one have to go through some course to be accepted as being 'in business' in France ?

Cheers anyway.

[/quote]

Hi

I'd go along with this 100%.

Many people would never have started a business if they had prepared a carefully thought out business plan, including "What happens if" & "Strengths - Weaknesses - Opportunities - Threats".

I'm afraid filling in a template is no substitute.

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote user="Owens88"]

....a rule of thumb that the best business plans were summarised first on a very special document. Warning, Trade Secret emerging....

First take your beer mat (and if there isn't one to hand do check whether you are in the correct environment for Business Planning ).

Separate it ('de-laminate' it for the technically minded) so that you now have 2 beer-mat sized sheets of plain writing area.

Get the key ideas down on those sheets (diagrams help). Overflow onto another set if you want to allocate actions and write minutes. You may use a third set of you have a LOT of key ideas to write.

You may scrap the plans and re-start. Sometimes a pause is called for (there is a helpful  technique involving 'Getting another round in' in Britain, but in France the rounds come to you so you may have to be creative about how to pause for thought).

Read next day (at home and in the office) and see if the ideas still work. If so do write-up and spread-sheet then check again. If not, consider another 'meeting' .

[/quote]

And here is a worked example. (Acknowledgment to Anglpohone Direct where I found this)

Jacques Chirac, The French President, is sitting in his office when his telephone rings. "Hallo, Mr. Chirac!" a heavily accented voice said.

"This is Paddy down at the Harp Pub in County Clare, Ireland. I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you!"

"Well, Paddy," Chirac replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," says Paddy, after a moment's calculation, "there is meself, me Cousin Sean, me next door neighbour Seamus, and the entire darts team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Chirac paused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100,000 men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Begoora!" says Paddy. "I'll have to ring you back."

Sure enough, the next day, Paddy calls again. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Paddy?" Chirac asks.

"Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy's farm tractor."

Chirac sighs amused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 6,000 tanks and 5,000 armored personnel carriers. Also, I have increased my army to 150,000 since we last spoke."

"Saints preserve us!" says Paddy. "I'll have to get back to you."

Sure enough, Paddy rings again the next day. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We have modified Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Bar have joined us as well!"

Chirac was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat, "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes. My military bases are surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I have increased my army to 200,000."

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" says Paddy, "I will have to ring you back."

Sure enough, Paddy calls again the next day. "Top o' the mornin', Mr.Chirac! I am sorry to inform you that we have had to call off the war."

"Really? I am sorry to hear that." says Chirac. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well," says Paddy, "we had a long chat over a few pints of Guinness and decided there is no way we can feed 200,000 French Prisoners."