B&B near Neufchâtel-en-Bray / Rouen

We are travelling from Calais to N Dordogne on Saturday 15th July and are looking for B&B accommodation for two adults and two boys (12 and 13) for that night between Abbeville and Rouen not too far from the main route.  We also need accommodation for the return journey on Saturday 5th August but this time for three adults and (the same!) two children.  (Our older daughter is flying out during our stay but returning with us).  We will have a trailer so need somewhere where we can park safely.

If anyone has any rooms free we would be very grateful.

Kathie

Kathie, I can recommend the following: http://www.visitfrance.co.uk/accommodation.cfm?i=4989 (Rebecca is our keyholder, and they would have plenty of room for your trailer!).

If they're full, you could also try: http://www.visitfrance.co.uk/accommodation.cfm?i=5166# (We stayed here when we were househunting and it is very nice too).

Hope this helps!

Catherine

BTW, I enjoyed reading your blog just now - it brought it all back to me! (We signed our acte de vente 3 years ago but it seems like yesterday. My husband had done his back in so I had to drive us out there, and he spent the whole 90 minutes in the notaire's office lying on the floor as sitting in any chair was excruciatingly uncomfortable! It was most surreal).

Hi Catherine

Thanks for the information - emails are on their way!  Sorry about the delay in responding but have been away (work related [:(]) for the last few days.

The blogger was to answer all the questions from friends and family - we got asked 'How is the house going' 'Have you signed yet' etc etc so many times...now they just go and read for themselves!  Your signing sounds surreal! MOH thought it was going to be much more of a big deal that it was and was quite disappointed - It was just initial here, here, here and here etc and then sign here.  And that was that - handed the huge pile of keys (actually 22 not 20 as in my blogger!) and off we went. 

Only two weeks to go and we can start the painting, cleaning etc etc - can't wait!!

Kathie

The bit I liked best was at the end, when the notaire wrote out a cheque for the full purchase amount and handed it over to our vendor, who put it in her handbag!

Good luck with your new adventure, I hope it gives you as much pleasure as we have had from ours (If you're interested, you can read our blog on our website to see how we have got on with the painting, cleaning etc over the past few years!!!)

(PS, if you do contact either of the above B&B's, please say that I recommended them - Aysen from Le Gaillon) 

I've just spent the last half hour or so reading your blogger - and enjoyed it immensely!  You have a very, very beautiful house (and two very cute kids!).  Our boys loved the Greenday video - it's their favourite band  - they think you're 'well cool'!

We have a booking with Rebecca - and I will let her know it came via you [:)]

Kathie