CDS

elamessa

My wife held her final 10 year France/EU cds from 2017. In October 2020 she submitted an application, when the renewal site opened, for a 10 year France/UK wag cds.

She received an acknowledgement of her application. The next communication, from the prefecture, was an email at the begining of January stating that she would be receiving her new wag cds shortly and that a signature would be required. On the 14th of January the factrice honked her horn and I went and signed for the letter that contained the cds.

At no time between October and January was she required to submit any documents or attend any interviews or even return the outdated cds which I am now using to carefully remove old silicon from tiles where I am about to fit a new wash hand basin.

To be honest I must acknowledge the fonctionaires, both admin and tax, in our department as whenever our paths have been required to cross they have responded in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.

cajal wrote the following post at 31 Jan 2021 11:36:

To be honest I must acknowledge the fonctionaires, both admin and tax, in our department as whenever our paths have been required to cross they have responded in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.

That's excellent .. which dept do you live in cajal ?

• 2 weeks later...
CDS done.

If anyone is interested, the appointment takes less than 3 minutes if your file is ok.

Did not have to show passport/driving license or other documentation.

Then 3 weeks to send the card.

Others (peeps that went in before me) where taking a long time with their appointments. ?????. 15-20 minutes. Some did not come out.

So make sure your file is OK. And look French LOL.

Well, that's a bit of a turnaround, isn't it, ALBF?

I thought you'd said in the past that you didn't think the CDS served any purpose, that you didn't have one and didn't intend to apply for one?

Also, weren't you seriously considering moving yourself and your family to the UK?  In which case you wouldn't need a French CDS?

• 3 weeks later...