Is this a record?

Coco

Our current guests are with us for 8 nights.  Tonight is night 6 and they have asked if they could have some more loo paper.  I have just given them rolls 7 and 8!!!!!!   I haven't got a clue what they are doing with it, but surely this must be a record for one couple?  That means they've used 6 rolls in 6 days; half a roll per person per day, (out most of the day, so presumably they "go" no more than once in the morning and once in the evening) that means they're using quarter of a roll each per "sitting"!!!  I'm getting very worried about my fosse!

They're heading south to an apartment in Andorra for a week and then a gite in Provence so my husband suggested they may be "stocking up".  However, when I have cleaned the room and emptied the bin there are tallying empty rolls there.

Cerise once said on a previous thread on the same subject:

Suggest you send your guests via our B & B to your gite - cos it took me a while to realise that the one-nighters on their way to gites further south nicked the spare toilet rolls from the bathroom cupboards!!  Do you think I should put up a notice explaining the role of the supermarket in France?

Better lock those cupboards Cerise, cos they're heading your way! [:D]

I've never understood what the fascination is with loo rolls. The last five years in the UK, before we moved here, we ran a campsite in the New Forest. Our annual bill for loo rolls (we were open for 6 months) was £6000. Some mornings our cleaners would find a whole toilet block devoid of paper. We always bought the cheapest we could get away with and never understood why anyone would want 36 crappy rolls of toilet paper. Even worse, of course, was when we found that children broken into the locked roll holders and had deposited the whole lot down the toilet.

I still smile when I read of people whose dream is to run a campsite.......................[:)][:)]

• 2 weeks later...
What is is with daughters? Mine also got through approx. a loo roll per day sometimes more!.  Now she is no longer living at home we always have spare loo roll and we insist she warns us in advance about her visits as we would otherwise have to rush to the local 24 hour Tesco!

[quote user="Bugbear"]

We ... never understood why anyone would want 36 crappy rolls of toilet paper.

[/quote]

What - they took USED toilet paper! [:-))]

We have a guest who has been to stay maybe half a dozen times.  She regularly gets through a toilet roll per night.  She must be very regular. [:)]

We just couldn't work out how they got through so much, especially as the empty rolls were left in the bathroom, so they were clearly using it and not snaffling it away for their stay in a gite later during their holiday.  Then someone suggested that perhaps they were taking it out with them in case there was none in the public/restaurant loos that they visited.  Perhaps that explains it.

That makes sense, but there may be another explanation.

When our youngest was about 10 we were getting through vaaaaast amounts of papier wa-wa. We had him up against the wall and threatened him a bit and he told us that he liked to crumple up a few handfulls and put them into the bowl first, "just in case of splashing"...

As a child my grandmother when using somebody else loo always use to line the seat with loo paper before letting us sit on the seat, and she would also put a couple of sheets in the bottom just in case of a splash

They came my way - 3 rolls in 2 days.  Delightful people.  No visible signs of health problems.  They moved on to Andorra -expect to hear of chronic paper shortages in principality.  Some more guests have eaten a further 2 rolls - perhaps it is new diet - Andrex rather than Atkins!

As I said, I think this can be the only explanation - it's the fact that they bring back the empties that is a little confusing [8-)] and I don't charge a deposit!

Three in two days though Cerise - that beats their usage here!

• 2 weeks later...

A family arrived on Saturday (around 7 pm) for a week's stay in my gite. I leave 2 rolls in the two holders, and six spare. I thought that would be enough for 3 adults and one young boy. Monday night at 5 pm I get a knock on the door ... Mr comes to tell me they have run out of loo paper, please could I give them some to tide them over until the shops open the next day ... 8 rolls in two days, that has to be a record I thought.

But I only said "have you finished all those that I left?"

"Yes," came the reply. "You know what its like with two women and a young boy."  I could not even begin to imagine [8-)]

About three hours later when I was out watering the garden, they all came out of the barn "shall we tell him?"But they had already decided they would. Mr had recounted my surprise, and they were a bit bemused that I should comment on their consumption of loo paper. Apparently after asking for more loo paper they found the 6 spare rolls!

... oh well I suppose my guests do not break the record then [:(][:(]

[quote user="Coco"]However, when I have cleaned the room and emptied the bin there are tallying empty rolls there.[/quote]Perhaps they are playing really clever and bringing old rolls with them to substitute for new ones so they don't get accused of stealing....?

One place I worked offshore they would occasionally announce a spot bag search for departing personnel upon which there would be an urgent mass flow of bodies up to the helicopter departure lounge whereupon bars of soap, loo rolls, batteries and even towels would magically appear all over the floor.

Pretty dumb to risk a £££££ job for a bog roll and a bar of cheap soap don't you think....!