towel colour...

evening all

a VERY important question this......

do i have to buy white towels for my future b&b guests? (we're going with gdf if that makes any difference).... i've got my eye on a set of beigey tanny coloured ones. would i be incredibly foolish and silly to purchase such a set?

thanks very muchly

squidge x

We have white for the ease of washing, also if they get stained you can boil wash them without loss of colour.We do have one set of pale yellow ones for one of the bathrooms that we mix with the white but the colour has faded with the amount of washing they get

[quote user="Tresco"]

Hi Squidge.

I looked again at your website, and the pictures there would lead me to expect all white towels and linen

[/quote]

errr yeeessss - unfortunately the current pics on the website aren't actually of our house - that was demolished by mark last week as threatened...

by the time our first paying guests book (whenever that will be), the website will be showing pics of what they can expect ...as it should do!!!!..

i just couldn't be arsed / didn't really want to put up piccys of how it looks in it's current state.....

[quote user="squidge"]

evening all

a VERY important question this......

do i have to buy white towels for my future b&b guests? (we're going with gdf if that makes any difference).... i've got my eye on a set of beigey tanny coloured ones. would i be incredibly foolish and silly to purchase such a set?

thanks very muchly

squidge x

[/quote]

Just my opinion, but I've used only white towels in my home since the days when I had young children.  White is the easiest color to clean (Jeyes fluid is your friend), and it goes with a myriad of color schemes.

We always use whitel although we have noticed that they become stained with what we suppose is sun cream.  We have started using dark coloured bath mats though (matching the decor of course) as these can start looking incredibly grubby very quickly. We have found very good quality bath mats in Aldi that only cost about 10 Euros so we don't mind replacing them a bit more often.

www.margerides-gite.com

[quote user="ltf"]Russethouse is right, if you buy from a hotel wholesaler, white towels are cheaper than coloured towels. I bought mine here and the quality is very good. If you go for colours, paler colours fade less obviously than darker colours.
[/quote]

Do you have to write or telephone for prices?

I have their 2005 prices:

colour white - 100% coton - higher prices for pastels and dark colours - ex vat - Free del for €500 or over - payment on order

400gr/m² 450gr/m² 500gr/m² 600gr/m²

50x100

€ 3,65

€ 3,95

€ 3,60

€ 4,95
70x140 € 6,25 € 6,90 € 7,20 € 8,85
100x150 € 8,90 € 9,75 € 10,85 € 12,80
70x200

€ 9,10

90x190 € 9,95 € 9,10

100x200

€ 15,75
30x50 € 1,85 € 2,00

30x30 € 1,50

35x60

€ 2,90
35x35

€ 2,15
gant 17x22 € 1,49

€ 1,75

• 2 weeks later...
I learnt very quickly after our first season that White is the only way to go.  We had navy blue in our blue and yellow room - after that first summer they had turned a sort of washed out mid-blue colour and pink in the ... wait for it.... pink room, which if they got any stains on, which I sincerely HOPE was suntan lotion, they were buggared!  It also meant that if we had several bookings following on from each other in one room then we ran out of towels and couldn't interchange.  Now everywhere is white and it's so much easier - and now we have the tumble drier to keep them fluffy, life is wonderful [:D]

[quote user="squidge"][quote user="Tresco"]

Hi Squidge.

I looked again at your website, and the pictures there would lead me to expect all white towels and linen

[/quote]

errr yeeessss - unfortunately the current pics on the website aren't actually of our house - that was demolished by mark last week as threatened...

by the time our first paying guests book (whenever that will be), the website will be showing pics of what they can expect ...as it should do!!!!..

i just couldn't be arsed / didn't really want to put up piccys of how it looks in it's current state.....

[/quote]

LOL - I was just about to book!! Edit - apologies re the quote, I don't like gobledygook either!

Post edited by a moderator to untangle the gobbledygook.

• 4 weeks later...

We have all Navy blue or dark green towels. (Which I do boil wash!). If they fade too much I just shove them in the washing maching with some navy blue cotton dye. I had pale towels, but sun tan lotion ( the bain of my life ) left orange stains all over everything which no amount of boiling or stain removal products would get rid of! I don't know if it's because our water is particularly iron-y here. Does noone else have the orange stain problem? We've given up even buying white summer clothes.

suzi

www.patiras.com/trinite.htm