C de S sorted

No hurry said I and I was right. All as it should be for the exchange of C de S which arrived this morning announced by the postie tooting loudly around 1200 hrs, thinking I was still snoozing which I might have been but wasnt!

Procedure was simple and clear though I was very nervous of driving to the office for the photos and fingerprints in Arras which was packed last time I was there. But no need to have worried, only three allowed in at a time, lovely day, bit of chitchat on the steps while waiting.

Charming person behind the glass screen, keen, helpful, knew exactly what she was doing. Indeed, to the preceding ‘customer’ who was very nervous, she was really caring and comforting.

How procedures should be.

Unlike my expired French driving licence which had me sweating buckets.

Now for the bl**dy taxes!

Well done you!!

Having had the rendezvous in January and handed over old cds and other bits and had fingerprints taken, I am still waiting for mine!!

I fear it has got lost in the system so presumably will have to make an appointment to go to Prefecture.

CeeJay wrote the following post at 05 May 2021 9:45:

Having had the rendezvous in January and handed over old cds and other bits and had fingerprints taken, I am still waiting for mine!!

Have you looked in Spam for their email saying that your card was ready for collection ?

I would try contacting them to find out what's happened.

Can't get a rdv, no dates available, keep on trying it says!!

Wonder if it might be an idea to start the application all over again saying it's a first application, any thoughts?

Suein56: Under the impression all cds are posted, checked anyway, no joy.

Thank you very much indeed Catalpa for such a very helpful response which fully answers my question.  The link you supplied was was very useful, and I would like to thank you for such an excellent answer - I am very much relieved.

You did not know but I had thought of supplying Tax returns as our first French tax return was in 2004.  I kept the tax returns so I am able to supply a French tax form for 2004 and 2020, but long ago I dumped the utility bills etc.  However, in the online advice, tax returns are not mentioned so I was a bit worried.

Thanks for such a clear answer, I was expecting some flack for leaving it so late.

Still no card! I received my email acknowledgement that my application had been received. That was back in October! I received another email a couple of months ago that the application was now at my local sous prefecture. They did give me another ref number. Since then —nothing!

I'm not in the least bothered. I have lived in France for too long to be worried by delays, it is the way they do things!! It may turn up one day, on the other hand it may not! I just wonder what the result would be if I never get it; probably nothing at all, who can really be bothered?