Semi-pre-cooked bread stuff

Mark

You know those plastic-wrapped long-life mini-baguettes?  We did a taste test on them and they seem fine, albeit not as nice as fresh, and are very convenient if you live some way from a boulangerie or supermarket, as we do, but do GdeF insist on the provision of fresh bread only for guests?

Thanks [:)]

Buy a good quality breadmaker with a timer and set it to produce dough at (say) 7pm. Then bake the bread. If you produce dough (rather than the finished, cooked, bread) you can shape it as you wish - a baguette-y sort of shape or rolls, say - and this avoids the "paddle hole" in the bottom. Always best avoided, imo. There are recipes for brioche too. [:P]

Looking at you web site i would be a little bit disappointed if i was given that for breakfast.

We have used it once for a very early departure but to be honest the bread was not eaten

Not sure about the GDF, maybe for a 1 then it would not matter but i know for a 3 grading you have to offer pastries or home made cake or fruit loaf

[quote user="Alan"]

Looking at you web site i would be a little bit disappointed if i was given that for breakfast.

We have used it once for a very early departure but to be honest the bread was not eaten

Not sure about the GDF, maybe for a 1 then it would not matter but i know for a 3 grading you have to offer pastries or home made cake or fruit loaf

[/quote]

Oh yes there'll be loads of home made stuff too - I wasn't meaning that we would just plonk a baguette in front of our guests! [;-)]

[quote user="Alan"]

[/quote]

As long as you have croissants and pain au chocolat or similar, fresh each day, be it from a baker or home cooked, that is acceptable.  They no longer expect you to be a master baker.