SIRET number

Mark

I will be registering a chambres d'hotes business very soon, and then next year, when (if?!) the renovations are finished, I'll be looking to register a gite too.  It would be really good if the gite could come under the same SIRET number as the one I'll be given for the chambres d'hotes, and even better if I didn't have to go back to the Chambre de Commerce before opening the gite for business, safe in the knowledge that I was still being legit, even though I'd have changed the scope of the business, if not the nature.

Could anyone advise on this please?

Thanks [:)]

Distinct lack of responses to your question, Mark.  I asked someone on another forum about this.

You can use the same syrup for both your B&B and your gite if you do decide to register.  However, you are not necessarily obliged to register with your CdC - it depends on your turnover.  I'm sure I've got the figure somewhere, it was fairly large, I think - pushing 30k?  I couldn't swear to it without checking.  Let me know if you need the exact number and I'll dig it out.

That said, the rules are not crystal clear (surprise, surprise) and you may get alternative views (like IN THEORY you should register if it is your main income, regardless of how much it brings in), but in practice there are loads of B&Bs which do not register with the CdC and just declare their income on their declaration d'impôts.  Unless you get off to truly a flying start, therefore, you do not have to worry about registering.

EDIT/

Stop press: Announcement August 2007 by the minister of tourism requiring CdH to register