Autoentrepeneur

Hi,

We are just in the throws of finishing work on our village house which we hope to open as a Chambre d'hote next year. We have been to see the Maire who has agreed in principal, although we need to go back to see her to do the bits of paperwork. As initially it will be our only income can we register under the autoentrepeneur scheme for tax purposes.

Any information gratefully received.

Thanks Mel.

Hello,

There is no problem with registering with the autoentrepeneur scheme for"letting furnished rooms" as long as they are the main part of your own home or "attached" to your own home. You have to provide en-suite bathrooms, linen, towels, toiletries as per usual stuff. Of course you have to have permission from the Mairie.You have to return your takings on a monthly/quarterly basis and are "taxed/social cotributions" at 23%. If you don't earn anything your return has to be done but you do not pay contributions. My understanding is that this arrangement can continue for 3 years at which point things change but not sure how at the minute. Will get my partner to post the "link" as I can't find it at the minute.

Hope thats useful for now. Mel

[quote user="connolls"]

Hello,

Of course you have to have permission from the Mairie.

[/quote]

Assuming you mean to open a CDH then I have been trying to find the regulations on this particular point because to the best of my knowledge you have never had to in the past. This must be something new and I wondered if you could point me in the right direction on this specific issue (like an online document, Dicret etc) as it would appear its something I have missed. Many thanks in advance.

Quillan

New law came in 2 years ago - surprised you missed all the discussions about it.  I think like us you are with GdF - they should have informed you at the time.  In our region it resulted in many of the undeclared/unclassed B&B s which had popped up over the years no longer being in business..... try looking at the lay my hat website for a link to the official 'act'

Hi,

On the autoentrepeneur website it tells you that you have to tell the Mairie the location of the house, number of rooms (which has to be less than 5) the maximum guests you can accomadate etc, worth having a quick look. You could pop in to see your local Marie as i'm sure they will know all the details, registering with the autoentrepeneur can be done on-line or on a pre-printed form. Mel

Clair you beat me to it. Yes I already know that you have to complete a form and hand it in the Mayor (and get a signed receipt) but to ask permission to open a CDH is quite a different thing. Also the mayors do not inspect your CDH it's either the Tourist Office, GDF or Clevacances who carry out this function (edit - I will add in my region). It was the permission bit that intrigued me as I had not heard of this but that does not mean something has not changed and I missed it.

[quote user="Quillan"]It was the permission bit that intrigued me as I had not heard of this but that does not mean something has not changed and I missed it.[/quote]

You don't need permission, you merely have to declare your activity to the Mairie.

I went to a meeting organised by our department Gites de France earlier this year, and we were quite clearly told that for chambres d'hôtes you registered as an AE commerçant and paid your cotisations at a rate of 12%.  You'd continue declaring your earnings on the annual tax return and receive a 70/71% (sorry can't remember which) abbattement.

We've been registered as a business with the CCI since we started but this year have changed our regime to the same one used for AEs, and it's great paying cotisations more closely linked to the amount you actually take! [:D]

Jan