thieving from the house/gite - experiences please + what to do if it happens?

.. and charge them for postage I hope!

I used to be on management committee for a Timeshare exchange company in UK- 5 star resort. You cannot believe the stuff that went missing- but the cost was much smaller than having to employ dozens of staff to go and inspect villas. Wedgewood plates, low energy bulbs, whole setts of heavy copper bottomed pans- replaced by cheapos from Tesco (how deliberated is THAT), dozens of travel cots, etc, etc. Sadly it is the majority of great, honest, owners/swappers/renters who ultimately pay the price- as usual. It was a real eye opener!

Now, I am truly shocked!

Just can't imagine anyone nicking things as valuable as Wedgewood plates, etc.  Come to that can't imagine people taking such low cost items as adaptors and batteries.

Can't help being reminded of those MPs who are in reality stealing from the taxpayers when they fiddle their expenses and some of them were claiming some very banal things like bags of crisps and babies' disposable nappies........eeeuuuhhhh [:@] 

I am now more convinced than ever that I prefer the company of dogs and cats to many humans so it's just as well that I live in the French countryside and do not spend a lot of time in the company of humans.[:)]

Mrs W  decided to put shower gel dispensers in all the rooms this season. She filled them with an upmarket brand product and then sells their range of products to the clients, a shopkeeper at heart. It works quite well. In the past month we have had 2 dispensers emptied of all the shower gel by clients on the morning of their departure. It's not the cost it's just that folk who have stayed with us for 4-6 nights, you have drinks with etc etc would stoop to nicking the shower gel. In both cases same nationality. It just pi##es us off !!

Happy showering

wilko

[quote user="sweet 17"]

eeeuuuhhhh [:@] 

[/quote]

So that's how you spell it [:)]

Guests broke a toilet seat so pinched one from an empty gite but actually spent time puting all the pieces back properly. We never charge for broken toilet seats, my opinion it was not strong enough in the first place (have a stock of 6 )

but Wilko you can't blame a whole country's population because 2 of them stole the gel, surely. I have every sympathy, but let's not make sweeping statements. I have spent al my life defending my British friends against those in Europe who think they are all football hooligans!

• 1 month later...