Thank You for your advice on Chambres d'Hôtes

I would like to thank all the contributors to this forum, for the links and advice, that has enabled me to register for autoenrepeneur status for our new chambre d'hôte. Also Jo taylors book has been invaluable. I went to our local CCI to register, the bureau was extremly friendly and everything was clearly explained in french, even though I had down-loaded the french and english version of Who can become a small entrepreneur.  As my husband already pays into the state system, Madame said it would be better for me to register alone to avoid paying double cotisations for my husband.

In our region of Pas de Calais , the department of veterinary services at Arras need a signed form ( Declaration et Identification) for new establishments offering Chambre d' hôte or Table d'hôte.They said breakfast is also meal prepared in a kitchen. They are happy for the kitchen to be a normal  very clean kitchen, with fridge and freezers at the correct temperature. The one thing my functionaire insisted on is a siret or siren number or I would not be allowed to open or if I opened before they had recieved the form a large fine could ensue.

The douane at Arras, also asked for, and is now awaiting our copy of registration as an autoentrepreneur,  He granted me a licence 2 for 'Les débits de boissons à consummer sur place' when I pointed out I wanted a Petite licence restaurant. He said it was a better Licence to have. 

We have been in France long enough now to go with the flow of the functionaire and repeat the paperword as necessary including another copy of my birth certificate, marriage certificate and passport.

So a big thank you to you all, who reply to the forum with sound advice and good links.

Gillian and Bert      

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]Why do the vetinary people have to get involved?[/quote]

Could it have been the DDASS (Direction des affaires sanitaires et sociales)?

It represents the state at department level, in all matters concerning health including hygiene controls in hotels and other places where food is prepared for public consumption.

The two departments are next to each other in the prefecture at Arras. Perhaps rare departmental co-operation or in our region there have been health or hygiene issues. The department is very mulicultural with lots of Dutch who pass through, and who can be quite particular and not slow to report a problem. 

Pierre ZFP is quite right, the paperwork is quite easy to fill in, if unsure ask the person dealing with you, we have found the majority of french functionaires more than willing to go an extra mile to answer a query providing you have arrived in good time and not 5mins before lunch or on a friday afternoon. We speak and understand french and always take all our documents and a  dictionary for any unexpected word. If we get the unexpected word 9/10 it is local patois.

Gillian 

• 2 months later...