"Grille" for GDF classification of cdh

John87

Thanks to Cassis and others for previous posts on this subject - having done some searching, a lot of the links in past topics are now broken.

Can anyone help me with a pdf copy or up to date link? We're after the check list that the GDF inspectors use so we can consider what we might have to do to our bedrooms if we go down this route.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Water Rat - any idea on timescale? I'm not in a rush - thinking about applying next year but if anyone has the old one, we can at least see what sort of things are looked out for now etc.

Mind you, to get 5 epis, you'd probally need everything gold plating !

The gist of the article is that 1 or 2 epis is seen as undesirable amongst owners and possibly guests as well .This means that 3 epis is seen as "medium" when it is actually more than that. I don't know how or if it will go through,but I know if they introduce 5 epis I will be dissappointed to remain as a 3 . It would be better to re-jig the exsisting classement and make 1 epi  mean something.

Knowing GdF there will be a discussion on the subjct for a while so you're probably right to seek out the grille ,sorry I havn't got one.

I think that when people get round to replying there'll be as many for as against.

As with almost anything in France, it depends on how things are organised in your particular area.  We're in the Limousin and pay just over 400 euros a year for our five rooms.  We're relatively happy to pay that as it brings us our French, and probably our other 'non UK' visitors.  When we first joined I'd be hard pressed to say that there was any other benefit, but in the last two years the Limousin GdF has been a bit more proactive and has been offering training etc (in French obviously), plus is making more effort with the local website and runs promotions in the national site for special stays people are offering locally.

You pays your money and takes your choice!

Jan

What will the re-clasification mean in real terms? As was suggested earlier in this thread, a new 5 epis range or the phasing out of the 1 and 2 epis ?

As was also mentioned earlier, it does seem as if 3 epis is regarded as "standard" - maybe they want to lift the whole owner base to this over time?

They will go from 1 to 5.  The reason for the revision is that the current "3 Epis" classification covers too wide a range of quality and does not differentiate between what are actually very different standards of accommodation within this band.  I expect by the time it's actuually implemented I'll have retired.