Obligatory Hygiene course

Could you let us know more about this please WR ? And who specifically are the "powers that be" ?

Is this something different from the permis d'exploitation required to serve tables d'hôtes, about which there is great confusion?

I attended the Passion Chambre d'Hotes in Paris in March & couldn't get a straight answer from anyone there - the guy running the GDF stand was very vague, & said that the legislation had now been revoked & the  "knowledgeable and experienced"  BandB lady giving seminars to eager folks wanting to set up a CdH had never heard of it !! However last week, someone from the tourist office in my département (95) said it was essential (for our département, anyway) at the same time admitting that the 3-day €900 seminar was a total waste of time & irrelevant !

Pch

dazed and confused & sometimes having second thoughts about launching B&B next spring ;-)

That's why I posed the question!

We were warned by GdF to expect legislation during this summer ,but are keeping our heads down.

I wondered if anyone in more touristic regions were getting any grief yet.

We've heard of a B&B in the Dordogne being prevented from serving their own eggs, well, their Chucks eggs actually! but maybe it's just a rumour?