Finding a name for a B & B ?

Just wondering how you all chose a name/label for your B & B business?  I suppose if your house already has a rural name "Les Clos de...." ; "Les Glycines.." ;  "Les Mas...."  then no problem. I'll be opening early next year (should have been this year, but postponed due to family bereavement) near Paris & I want the name to sound right without being too twee.. The house is painted white (with white louvred shutters, wall & fence). Whenever folks are visiting me for the first time the instructions are "the white painted house on the left, halfway down the street..."

Names so far :"French White House" ; "A House Near Paris" - naff or what ? :-)

I'll be targeting primarily non-French guests as my core future clientele, so I wanted the name to be in English not French.

"La Maison Blanche" is definitely a no-no (don't want Mr Obama suing me for pinching his house name  !). Back to the drawing board for more inspiration I guess !

[quote user="parischic"]

Just wondering how you all chose a name/label for your B & B business?  I suppose if your house already has a rural name "Les Clos de...." ; "Les Glycines.." ;  "Les Mas...."  then no problem. I'll be opening early next year (should have been this year, but postponed due to family bereavement) near Paris & I want the name to sound right without being too twee.. The house is painted white (with white louvred shutters, wall & fence). Whenever folks are visiting me for the first time the instructions are "the white painted house on the left, halfway down the street..."

Names so far :"French White House" ; "A House Near Paris" - naff or what ? :-)

[/quote]

So have you thought of a name? The only information you have given us has to do with the house being white, hence my suggestion.[;-)]

[quote user="Cendrillon"]If you are using the name of your house in a website address for your B&B  then you need to think carefully.

[/quote]

Why, Cendrillon?  I am intrigued.  I ran a B&B for a few years, which is now holiday accommodation, and the website address has always been the name of the B&B/holiday accommodation.

My thoughts are that if someone is looking for B&B on the 'net they might google "sea-side accommodation Deauville" If you call your house "Sea-side house" B&B and can incorporate something in your web address, e.g. the town or location, www.seasidehousedeauville........................etc this search might bring people to your door. So including the name of the house which suggest what it is and where it is might be could be useful.

Hmm........................ don't think I have explained this well but I know what I mean! LOL [:)][;-)]