Oh dear here we go too.

I thought I would share this, to warn others and I found it amusing playing them along.

Add to your list of emails to watch out for

Email 1.

Hello,

My name is George Palmer. I want to book training services for a group of six MODELS who shall be on vacation to your country for 8weeks.We want an intensive Pilate training sessions with you.

Their stay will last from April 2011,to May They are all beginners and six in number.

What can you offer? Can I know your qualification and service rate? This program coincides with our vacation timetable and it is designed towards improving the mental and physical fitness by challenging ourselves beyond our capabilities. Our aim is to improve our confidence, gain self Physical Therapy/, increase fitness and enjoy new challenges in yoga and emphasizing neutral alignment, core stability and peripheral mobility for an overall improvement of life.

Do you have a training facility where you conduct classes? if not,we can arrange one for the classes would love to know the possibility of working with you during this period.

Kindly get back to me with your proposals so that we can make booking asap.

George Palmer.

St John s House,Courtenay Hill

Newry,co Down.BT34 2EB

London.

Tel: +447024053981

Email 2.

Hi xxxx,

How are you doing ? Thanks for your response. We are satisfied with your cost and conditions of offer.I also want to get a bit information regarding your training facilities and the environment generally,believing that it is visitors friendly.The progarm will last for 4weeks,not 8weeks as i told you earlier. Kindly get back to me with the total cost so that we can proceed with the booking as the time frame is really short.Do not hesitate to email me if you require further information.Your swift response shall be appreciated

Best regards

George Palmer.

We told him the total bill would be 55k

Here is where the scam comes in !

Email.3

Hello xxxx,

Thanks for your reply and assistance so far to book the training . To make sure that everything is confirmed before arrival, we wish to make a deposit payment for you to hold our bookings for us. also we wish to

let you know that we made arrangement with an accommodation agent who will book our accommodation,flight ticket,airport transfers and provide us with a language translator for our Greek friends and other logistic needs during our stay.Please kindly adhere to the following instructions in regards to the payment to hold our booking in your place. Due to security and other

reasons,We do not want two parties to handle our credit card details.More so the agent does not have the facility to accept credit cards.

1.We will send you our Credit card details .

2.As soon as you get the Credit Card details,You are requested to Charge the amount of £33,473. plus the credit card fees for your cost of services and that of the agent who will book our accommodation.

3.Take the deposit payment of £13,473. for your service and send the Balance of £20,000. to the agent for him to book our accommodation and other logistics needed The Balance of your payment will be made completely before our arrival and please do send us our booking numbers.

please note that upon your confirmation of this arrangement, our accommodation agent will forward to you our hotel address and any other information regarding this. Our destination is basically from the airport to the hotel where we shall be staying for the whole period.Moreover we will need you to send us the following information

(1) YOUR FULL NAME:

(2) ADDRESS:

(3) PHONE NUMBERS:

Note that all taxes that will be attracted in this transaction will be payed by us.

Please remember that the integrity of our members is involved,so this business requires prompt response.I expect an expert service.

Kind Regards,

George Palmer.

My response

Dear George,

You do not need an agent to book your accommodation as accommodation is included in the price. We do not take people on to the program that are not staying at the centre. We also organise all of the transfers and translators.

So the only thing we need is your payment and flight details.

I wonder how he will reply !!!!!

( Got to love the irish address that says London and google the address it comes up as a hospice )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, we control a couple of holiday rentals in Bali, Indonesia. I came across this topic while googling Mr. Palmer's details.

Thought I should join this forum and make comment, I have played with these time wasters in the past, but these days I simply don't have the time.

Maybe there could be a 'scammers' section on this and other forums to list all the alias's ?

I get these emails on a regular basis, and today I got one from George Palmer, same phone number but different address

George Palmer.

11 London Street Edinburgh

Midlothian EH3 6LZ

Scotland,UK.

Tel:  +447024053981

My email wasn't for models, he only wanted a few standard rooms (we don't have standard rooms)

Cheers,

David

[quote user="Bali"]Well, we control a couple of holiday rentals in Bali, Indonesia. I came across this topic while googling Mr. Palmer's details.

Thought I should join this forum and make comment, I have played with these time wasters in the past, but these days I simply don't have the time.

Maybe there could be a 'scammers' section on this and other forums to list all the alias's ?

I get these emails on a regular basis, and today I got one from George Palmer, same phone number but different address

George Palmer.

Midlothian EH3 6LZ

Scotland,UK.

Tel:  +447024053981

My email wasn't for models, he only wanted a few standard rooms (we don't have standard rooms)

Cheers,

David

[/quote]

There is a section on laymyhat.com concerning scam emails.   One wonders why they bother - everyone must be wise to them by now!

I was suspicious by the sheer cluelessness...he OBVIOUSLY has not read our website AND his grammar is awful!~ I get one of these mails atleast once a month. I feel we should post as many examples as possible. In the days of GOOGLE if a person cannot be googled; dont trust them. OR if they CAN be googled....thanks for the post; amusing.

Mrs Cooper. Philippines.

<<

Hello,

My name is Edmund Brooks. I want to book training services for a group of six who shall be on

vacation to your country for 8weeks.We want an intensive training sessions with you. Their stay

will last from May,2011.to June 2011.  They are all beginners and six in number.What can you

offer? Can I know your qualification and service rate? This program coincides with our vacation

timetable and it is designed towards improving the mental and physical fitness by challenging

ourselves beyond our capabilities. Our aim is to improve our confidence, gain self defense skills,

increase fitness and enjoy new challenges.

Do you have a training facility where you conduct classes? if not,we can arrange one for it.

I would love to know the possibility of working with you during this period.Kindly get back to me

with your proposals so that we can make booking asap.

Best regards,

Edmund Brooks.

Midlothian EH3 6LZ

Scotland,UK.

Tel:  +447024053981 >>

[quote user="Bali"]...I have played with these time wasters in the past, but these days I simply don't have the time. [/quote]

Sometimes I do still play with them... yes, it wastes my time but I get a mildly warm glow when I think that I'm wasting their time too with my niggly little questions (dates of birth of all guests, please... and when those arrive I request the place of birth as well... then I simply must have the expiry dates of all passports...) and I keep asking for repeats of emails because theirs arrived garbled. Sometimes I change the dates they want in the subject header but then I don't mention it in the email... and they never pick up on it... [6]