B&B -thinking about it??

Just to say, Jean S, not to take too much notice of the above. Your B&B can function as you want it to - as much or as little as suits you. Running something which does not have to provide you with a living and is just for interest and a bit of extra pocket money is a very different thing from the life described by those who are under more pressure. I just have my two rooms, and as I also work outside the home I do not have too much spare time or energy, so I just do as much as fits in with my lifestyle. In  my full time job I am paid the minimum wage, so the extra cash is useful, and it can be interesting to meet people. There is quite a bit of work involved of course, but you do not have to travel to do it. You do not have to accept every booking that comes along, you do not have to always be open, just try it and see, have an adventure, do it while you enjoy it, and stop if and when you don't. We live in a remote mountain valley and despite being very much off the beaten track, we get plenty of interest and there are many people who don't want to be in the more touristy places.

Go for it and dont worry too much.

I dont know where you are based but you could cater for groups.

We get a lot of cyclists and walkers who dont mind sharing a bathroom at all. If that is the case you would need single beds.

If you think this isn't appropriate for your area then catering for a family group would be good.

If you are doing it for a little extra money and for something to do then why not.

We find having a B&B really rewarding, we meet lots of lovely people who are really interesting and enjoy their company.

Go to your town hall and register. We haven't bothered registering with Gite de France or Clevances - we dont need to. It means we dont have a star rating but to be honest these days reviews from other guests have far more weight with new guests.

I wish you luck and if we can be of any help send us a private email . Best wishes.