Do you have a swimming pool

in answer to the 3 questions:

yes

yes

yes

surely if you have paying guests they have to be allowed to use all your leisure facilities...it would be a very severe B&B owner who had a pool & didn't allow guests to use it - certainly wouldn't get any repeat custom which those of us who have been doing this now for 10 years/more will tell you is the secret to success...

This year we have the pool covered because it's too cold and nobody in their right mind would set foot in it which saves us a lot of time. In years when its been open I am the biggest user. I could probably count on two hands the amount of people who have used it over the years. This does of course depend on your location.

we attract a lot of families during the summer & despite the cold & wet it does get used a lot - last week's family were in there every day - in wetsuits - & have reserved to return next year.  So I guess it depends on your market, location & other facilities on offer.  Like Quillan it is not used much outside of July & August, our tennis court is the main attraction which is available year round.  A tip we were given by GdF - only declare it for the months of July & August, then you only have to pay for 2 inspections - the price goes up every year...