Four in a Bed comes to France

Quillan

• 3 months later...
Hi all - did anyone watch the series then...? was on about two weeks ago - an awful fuss was made about one couple who did not offer ensuites, only one shared bathroom in the house which the hosts used as well. I'd assumed CDH's had to offer ensuite facilities these days. Far better though was last week's episodes filmed in Spain - some very nice properties (bar that hotel run by the drag queen) and had a good giggle at how upset the group got when offered a substantial continental breakfast by the last hosts instead of 'cooked'...how set in their ways are some Brits. Being on such a show - could you eat a fry up five days in a row...?

I watched both shows France and Spain and sometimes I cringed.

The breakfast thing got me. Cannot say I don't like a fry up from time to time, but expecting it hors LGB seems rather bete to me, but that is just me[Www].

This got me to thinking back to ol' Nigel Farrell and Nippy Singh - A Place in France (the Ardeche) - from 2002 (it's been that long???) and after googling Nigel I discovered he'd passed away in Sept.2011...really sad. I've been enjoying his Island Parish series in Barra. Not sure if this has been reported on the forum though.

Cheap hotel for cheap holidays. Have stayed in lots like that when I was young  and on the 18-30 holidays for many years,but we were only there to sleep,bathe and change so it did not matter . However, I would hate that sort of place now, even the Etap in Paris we stayed in for €39/night with continental breakfast was far superior and had clean towels every day and was spotless. Seeing those men made up like that for her entertainment night was horrendous, gave me the creeps! Glad the young couple won, they deserved it! As for breakfast, well personally speaking I couldn't face friend food first thing and fresh fruit or croissants are much more healthy and  preferable but that is my choice.

• 2 weeks later...