New Tax Laws.

Quillan

Ambigious title perhaps but anyway. Today I recieved and email from Clevacances, a copy is below, which seems to imply that if you are not with Gite de France you will loose your 71% abatment on your tax. It seems Clevavances is not recognised (even though it is a vessel of the Department of Tourism) which they are says they should be. I have also been trying, in vain, to find the exact wording of the part of "décret n° 2013-463 du 3 juin 2013" that applies. Navigating through Legifrance is a nightmare and the actual text stillevades me after nearly an hour for looking so if anyone can find it I think we would all appreciate it.

It seems this could also effect Gites but I am not sure as Gites do not concern me.

This is a link to the online version so you can translate it if you want. http://www.clevacances.com/news/infofiscal/alerte.php

Clévacances France

Abattement fiscal de 71%

Chères et Chers adhérents,

Le sujet de l'abattement fiscal de 71 % vous préoccupe, je le sais, et les représentants du réseau Clévacances dans son ensemble, aussi bien vos relais départementaux que votre fédération nationale et son Conseil d'Administration ont engagé de nombreuses actions ces derniers mois.

Par la présente, je tenais à vous faire part de ces initiatives, de la situation actuelle et des interventions à venir, dans l'hypothèse où la position des pouvoirs publics venait à ne pas évoluer.

1/ CONSTAT
- La position officielle des pouvoirs publics est de circonscrire l'abattement de 71 % aux seuls gîtes ruraux utilisant la marque Gîtes de France, en plus des meublés de tourisme classés et des chambres d'hôtes, et réserve donc un traitement fiscal particulier à une seule marque privée.

- En conséquence, les 2 grands labels de Qualité nationaux ne sont pas placés sur le même pied d'égalité et donc discriminatoire.

2/ INITIATIVES
- La rencontre avec Madame la Ministre du Tourisme le 24 octobre 2012 laissait penser que, selon ses propos, Clévacances avait toutes les raisons et conditions réunies pour être reconnu par l'administration fiscale, et en conséquence en faire bénéficier l'ensemble de ses adhérents.

- Malgré de nombreuses relances par courrier et mails (sans réponse), et rendez-vous avec les services techniques du Ministère, la situation n'a pas évolué pour donner lieu à la publication du décret n° 2013-463 du 3 juin 2013, "oubliant" au passage la reconnaissance de notre label.

- Depuis, de nombreuses actions sont conduites :

• mobilisation des 97 Présidents du réseau Clévacances avec un courrier et dossier types nationaux, afin d'alerter leurs parlementaires,

• courrier de relance par la fédération nationale à Madame la Ministre en lettre recommandée avec accusé de réception, lui demandant des explications précises,

• analyse par Clévacances France auprès d'un cabinet d'avocats en vue de mettre en oeuvre une procédure judiciaire,

• actions de lobbying également dans le cadre de l'association UNPLV (Union Nationale pour la Promotion des Locations Vacances), structure dont Clévacances France est fondateur avec Abritel et Homelidays pour défendre les intérêts de la profession et promouvoir l'activité auprès des pouvoirs publics et de la presse.

A ce jour, les principaux médias sur internet de ce secteur sont membres de l'UNPLV et dont Clévacances France assure le poste de Secrétaire Général.

3/ INTERVENTIONS À VENIR
- Bilan de l'ensemble de ces initiatives le 13 novembre prochain lors du Conseil d'Administration de Clévacances France.

- Examen de la décision de porter ce dossier auprès du Tribunal Administratif, tenant compte du fait qu'il est permis de douter de la légalité de cette position administrative.

- Communication en réseau des suites réservées à l'intervention de la fédération nationale.

Voilà, Chères et Chers adhérents, les informations que je souhaitais porter à votre connaissance par cette newsletter dédiée à un dossier, certes délicat, mais prioritaire pour les représentants de votre label et votre fédération nationale.

Je reste à votre écoute et souhaite vivement vous apporter de bonnes nouvelles d'ici peu.

Recevez l'assurance de mes très cordiales salutations.

Marie-Lyse ZIELINSKI
Présidente de Clévacances France

• 2 weeks later...
Knowing the way the French political system works you may well find somewhere a distant link between the minister and the boss of GDF. A few Euros no doubt will change hands as people rush to sign up with them. They are not exactly cheap to join either.

Seems pretty similar to the situation in a certain city in the middle east, where I found the airport taxi concession had just been given to one of the elite when I arrived there one day.

After being directed to a counter I refused to buy a ticket at the exhorbitant price they demanded, and was forcibly removed from a city taxi I found dropping someone off outside, but they couldn't stop me queueing for a bus, which arrived in a few minutes and cost practically nothing[:D]

I agree that GDF are expensive to join which is why we are going with Cleavances, also they have been MUCH more helpfully in answering all my obscure questions. Only 1 B&B in my immediate area is with GDF but they also have gites, everyone else is with Clevances so they will not be happy about it. Also won't this give GDF a monopoly over the rental sector, does France not have monopoly rules? 

rgds

lisa

It may do if you're in the countries covered as Google has it's clever process.  Does it? 

Has the French company realised it isn't seen on global google searches?

EDIT: Uuh, unless my browser deceives me that is a horrible clunky old website with only half of it translated to English, you have to pay for that? 

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like https://www.classement.atout-france.fr/meubles and http://www.etoiles-de-france.fr/Etoiles_de_France/Meuble_de_tourisme.html explain what it is all about. The 71% abattement is only for meublés de tourisme classés by a recognised organisation. And classé is not the same as having a label, which only entitles you to 50%. As for which organisations are recognised - it doesn't look to me as if GDeF is the only one.

I'm getting confused now, (easily done I know).

Coquelicot wrote that  The 71% abatement is only for meublé des tourisme classes by a recognised organisation. And classé is not the same as having a label which only entitles you to 50%. As for which organisations are recognised - it doesn't look to me as if GDF is the only one.

So WHO is the recognised organisation?

Lisa[8-)][8-)]

I'm all for keeping your head down, until when and if any letter arrives.

We are with GdF and although the initial signing up is costly ,it's not too bad for yearly subscription afterwards. The main reason for going with them is that they inspect the chambres d'hotes and the french know that. We recently had the requirement to go on the alcohol awareness course, but we already have the licence which was free at the time and now costs 300 ,takes all day and will be attended by a clutch of miserable people. All day to learn not to give alcohol to persons who are drunk already or are under age or both?

W Rat